NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LJ78 Auto Transmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 20:15    Post subject: LJ78 Auto Transmission Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what type the auto transmission is on an LJ78 LC.
Is it an A440F or A442F or what. Am I barking (probably) up the wrong tree, should I be looking at the Hilux transmission which matches the 2L-TE engine.

The reason for all this is that the A.T.P. light is not comming on. Bulb is OK.
I want to find the pressure switch and get that checked.

Car is running ok otherwise apart from A/C problem(see previous post).
Passed its MOT on Monday without any problems.
I am going to France in it later so I want to get everything sorted out before then.

Cheers
Jim
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 20:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

cazzawoo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Good to here of an LJ78 in Scotland.
I've had mine for 3years and love it. Now that its sorted anyway!
The gearbox is an A343F and is pretty much unbreakable. They fitted the same box in the Lexus 450's
I too have checked the ATP lamp as good, but it does not light at switch on nor have I seen it light otherwise.
We tow a large horse trailer with 2 horses and have not had any probs.
I'd go to France and enjoy the ride.
Will be doing the same myself at the end of the year but taking the Honda instead as the fuel costs are too high!!

Cheers

Caz Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: