NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Anyone know the best insurers for an OZ Import BJ40

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spackrackman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 13:54    Post subject: Anyone know the best insurers for an OZ Import BJ40 Reply with quote

HI, I need to insure my new BJ40 and dont really know where to start. The BJ 40 does not seem to exist in the UK its a 1979 model. Would like limited Milage etc.  Anyone with any experiences

Cheers
Jonnie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 13:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Adrian Flux or Lifesure.

Sorry forgot, but there is a club scheme also, look in the insurance tab.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
gus2010

Location: Vehicle is in Scotland, I visit it once a year from Australiark Saudi, soon Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:54    Post subject: Bit off topic but here goes Reply with quote

Mate (see entering into the Ozzie spirit already):
First:  You might want to try Firebond for insurance. I think I got a quote from them for an BJ40 but ended up buying an LJ70 (which is more common in the UK).

I am now in Sydney and I bought a customized FJ40 (pic of it on reader's drives "New FJ40, gus2010".  I am thinking about taking it back to the UK after my contract finishes up.

Could you tell me who you used to ship your BJ40?  Were you in OZ or bought it from the UK?  If not too cheeky how much did it cost to ship?  And how much hassle did you get from the UK end regarding inspections and modifications?  Mine is a 1981 and I don't think it needs to comply with the new regulations.

Thanks,
Gus
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.  I used a company in Brisbane as thats where the chap who was selling it was closest to (well 3 hour drive).  It cost me about 700 quid to ship it over, took three months. Over here was simple. I got some docs from the shipping company, took them to southampton, showed them, they then made a figure up of 700 quid (god know where they pulled that one from I keep meaning to investigate) and then I drove it off.

After that its just an MOT and a visit with 50 quid plus the 190 road tax to the DVLA office and now I am just waiting for the reg number and tax disk to be sent to me tomorrow hopefully.

Let me know if you want to know what shipping comany etc.  I think you just look for a shipping broker that is close to you and they deal with it all. I bought the truck with out seeing it and struck lucky! but  next time I am going to come over as I love the place and buy one after a viewing. Let me know if you are doing it as I want a pair of rear seats and you could put them in the back of yours for shipping!!! oh and I used a RORO method of shiping which is roll on roll off. Apparently its the cheapest way, they drive it under deck and drive it off three months later

Please feel free to quiz me more.

Really was a piece of pee to do!
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and i got a fair price form the groups insurers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: