Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

I've lost the little green light!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 0:46    Post subject: I've lost the little green light!!! Reply with quote

I have recently aquired a Land Cruser Colarado 5 door 3lt TD.. 97 with an auto box, Yesterday I noticed that the green light on the dash indicating "Drive" is out, does anyone know if they are separate bulbs or a module, and if its a pain getting to it! its not a major problem as the other lights are working, but its irritating, like an itch you have got to scratch!!! if its going to be a major job I will leave well enough alone!

just one other thing I noted the speedo seems to be under reading 3 to 4 mph, I checked it with my GPS....... is the speedo electronic or cable driven?
JIM.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 0:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

k1elliott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA, so did mine a few weeks ago!! Its a 1997 90 series Prado. You can still tell when its in drive though because no light is lit at all.

I will be looking at the dash in the next few weeks, try to sort out the bulb and the last few little rattles. I'll let you know if someone else doesn't answer in the meantime.

Don't know about the speedo m8. I'd guess cable.

Cheers,
Ken
archy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have got the lancruiser colorado 3.0 VX TD 5 door and I bought of the person who had it since new and they are supposed to be like this no green light when in drive.

I am now wanting a new LC5 so this is currently for sale.

Ash
k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

archy wrote:

Ithey are supposed to be like this no green light when in drive.

:?: :?:
archy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked a local car dealer who has 3 Landcruiser Colorado's and all do not have the green light on the dash when Drive is selected from the auto box.
k1elliott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, mine's a prado (colorado jap equivalent). definitely the D lit up on the dash when in drive.
I'll let you know how I get on when I tackle it.
banty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought a colorado (uk) the d is definately lit up geen when in drive
Vagabond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the D is certainly lit when in use - if not I can only presume the bulb has gone...... Confused

'97 Colorado 3.4 VX
archy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tackled this yet. How to replace the bulb then

Thanks
k1elliott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet archy.

responsibilities on weekend are, in the following order,

Youngest Kid (3)
Not so young kid (4)
LandCruiser

So, only time to fix any major items.

Thats why I didn't buy a Pajero :twisted:
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Ok folks listen very carefully I will say this only once!!! to get to the little green light, first remove the panel beneath the steering column, held by a a bolt and cross head screw, and two clips one each side,
remove the separate bit of plastic trim around the ignition switch,
remove the two screws each side at the bottom of the cowling, and the two screws on the underside of the cowling above the instrument panel, this bit takes a bit of jiggling to get it out, best to set the steering wheel angle to it's lowest setting,
remove the top of the cowling,(two screws at the front) the instrument cluster can then be removed by removing four screws, (no speedo cable to get in the way!!)
on the rear is the printed circuit board and in the centre the fourth one down is hey presto drum roll!!!! the rear of the little green light!! Idea a small screwdriver inserted a gentle twist and out it comes, I had to order a spare from a Toyota dealer £1-70 i think, I got an extra as a spare, probably will never need it but it will ensure another one doesnt go if I have the spare,....and you can be sure if another does go I wont be able to find the spare!!!! its called SODS law I believe,
I dont think I missed anything!! Its not a dificult job, so good luck and may your little green light for ever be lit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vagabond

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Jim - I'll make a mental note of it for when my green light disappears!

Regarding the speedo under-reading, I think this may be common on LC Colorado's - my '97 3.4 certainly seems to under-read by 5-6%.

Cheers.
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the speedo appears to be electronic I wonder if it can be recalibrated, I have been told that manufacturers often set an over read of speed to avoid legal action from owners prosecuted for speeding if the speedo under reads,
My old transit van was bang on the button, but that was cable driven
and no one expects a transit driver to stick to the speed limits anyway Twisted Evil !!!!
JIM
k1elliott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS JIM!!

btw, how can one tell whether a speedo is accurate or not?
It's been a while sice I came across one of those speedo road signs that tells you your speed! :wink:
Jim Townsend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garmin gps I have is extremely accurate, but idealy it needs one person to read the gps, and constant speed on a long stretch of road as there is a slight delay in the gps signal,
It reads speed over the ground from point to point regardless of other influences, (the other day when flying, the airspeed read 100 knots the ground speed 68!! ) Rolling Eyes
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: