Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  TLOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads  dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD

Moving the forum services forward ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:14    Post subject: Moving the forum services forward ... Reply with quote

Hi All ...

Just a quick note to ask ...

would any additional sections in the club forums help?

Technical or non-technical?

It would be great for everybody to get more activity in here ... have I missed something obvious?

Thanks Wink

Simon

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

k1elliott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon.

I think you answered a question of mine recently about the lack of activity on here and afaicr we boiled it down to reliability and lack of cruisers on UK roads.

This site definitely wasn't the first site I came across when looking for a discussion forum on LandCruisers. It was very hard to find. It's quite possible that there is a potentially large audience and large set of contributors but it also likely that people don't stumble across the site.

Cheers,
Ken
johnmccartney

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:49    Post subject: Parts for TLCs Reply with quote

I've only just read this, so sorry for the late reply, but I've been thinking about a database listing parts common to TLCs and other vehicles (including Daihatsus) that might be cheaper/more easily available than the standard Toyota items. I floated this idea on another website, but there was little enthusiasm - one good bloke replied and put me onto the Toyota EPC (which I have yet to study in detail).

The idea was prompted by finding out that commercial vehicle parts are often cheaper than 'car' parts although often the same; that some TLC parts are on fairly long order; and that some are eye-wateringly expensive.

Any one else interested?
roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John. I think the lack of enthusiasm is mainly caused by the fact that this topic has been brought up many times before by well meaning people without coming to fruition.

My guess is the complexity of the different models that the landcruiser badge is attached to would bewilder even the most optimistic even when its only partially understood.

You have other factors such as the various 24/12 volt systems,emmisions equipment,safety features,aircon,axle/diff/gearbox/t.case combos all adding up to something you cant guarantee is accurate.
Sometimes even Toyota's own data base can get it wrong.

However I do agree its good for owners to exchange info and this is how I suggest it should be done.

Each owner needs to understand the model/engine/drivetrain specs for their own vehicle. Its all on the plate and frame numbers.

Whenever an owner finds something useful to their own landcruiser or maybe someone elses landcruiser ,they should save the page or link on their own hard drive for future reference.

When another owner visits the forum and requests some information regarding their vehicle it can be handed over and can be reviewed and saved by all those who read the thread.

Eventually,if everyone participates the combined knowledge can become massive. Very Happy
dolder

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon
I would really like to see a section for the later LC Landcruisers ie 2003 on, I am new to Landcruisers I understand mine is a 120 series is this correct?
Thanks very much
tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolder wrote:
...I would really like to see a section for the later LC Landcruisers ie 2003 on, I am new to Landcruisers I understand mine is a 120 series is this correct?

I believe the '96 - '04 Prados include 90, 120 and 125 series.

Anybody ?

Simon

wakesupremo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would help if you can find your own posts. I have posted twice in two days and can't find either of them therefore nor can anyone else on here.
andy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakesupremo wrote:
It would help if you can find your own posts. I have posted twice in two days and can't find either of them therefore nor can anyone else on here.

You can find them by clicking on the profile button at the bottom of your post, then click on find all posts.
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
more x 4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

wakesupremo wrote:

one in small talk and one in wanted mate Wink
sometimes i tidy posts into the correct forums Embarassed Laughing

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4240
http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=4230
bud

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 15:49    Post subject: fora Reply with quote

You have a separate forum for each model series of Land Cruiser which is fine when the vehicle is new but immediately changes. The importance and value of the engine as a proportion of the total value of a 2nd hand Land Cruiser increases.

Engines, therefore, for the enthusiastic owner of an older vehicle become paramount and sometimes outlast the original vehicle to be transplanted and live on.

You could start separate fora for each LC engine with my thread on how to put a 12H-T into a Defender 110, if you wish...

And a section in Profile for vehicles owned?

bud
Brett

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Technical Archive?

It doesn't need to be model specific, if someone does a how to guide for example add it in. It saves having to search quite so hard.

If you have a look at the Tech Archive on LR4x4.com it will give you a good idea of what I mean, their archive is excellent.

1995 HDJ80 GS, 1HD-FT (TJM +50mm lift, 285 Cooper STT's)
300Tdi Ninety (lots of mods)
madra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might also help if you bothered to answer emails from prospective members.

i tried to sign up about a week ago, with two different email addreses but got a spurious 'sorry this email address has been banned' message, each time.  [i've never been a member and amn't a spammer, hence 'spurious'].

i emailed the admins about it and didnae even get the courtesy of a reply.
Bat21

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

madra wrote:
it might also help if you bothered to answer emails from prospective members.

i tried to sign up about a week ago, with two different email addreses but got a spurious 'sorry this email address has been banned' message, each time.  [i've never been a member and amn't a spammer, hence 'spurious'].

i emailed the admins about it and didnae even get the courtesy of a reply.

Madra, I believe there is only one Admin on this site, Simon H.

He owns many sties and 'clubs' so probably doesn't even own a Landcruiser hence the lack of his enthusiasm and presences around here Confused
madra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info.

this site [and the domain name] does bear an uncanny resemblance to an isuzu trooper owners' club forum i was once a member of - maybe part of the same internet empire?

if that's the case, i'm surprised no-one has set up a rival forum.  the line-up of UK-based landcruiser forums seems to amount to one and, from what you say, not a very well-supported one at that  Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: