Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Winch Bumper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 19:15    Post subject: Winch Bumper Reply with quote

Well, winch bumper arrived today - ordered from TBRUK

http://www.4x4shop247.co.uk/index.html?lmd=39435.523113

Very nicely made indeed. For those of you who don't want a great big roo-basher on the front and would rather keep the original plastic (Mmm, lovely) this is the answer. Only trouble is that the instructions are all in German. Have asked if they have 'em in English Fitting fur de nutz and boltzen klamper tightzening.

Has anyone fitted one of these themselves? I got home from work and in less than an hour had the thing offered up and loosely bolted on. There are some brackets and bits which I simply can't find a use for.
The basics are that you unbolt the towing brackets under the chassis rails and bolt this in it's place. The winch (err, sadly not included) goes inside the box. You then cut off the bottom rail from the plastic bumper and remount the number plate. You couldn't fit the whole thing including the winch in an hour, but with two on the job, I reckon 2 1/2 hours job done.

I'm taking pictures as usual. Any experience welcome.

LC
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 19:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

24Seven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a very bad influence Wink

You link has not come out, not your fault it's the way TBR site is written.

Is this this kit?

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 19:42    Post subject: Cruddy link to picture Reply with quote

That's the Baby!

I'm not completely computer stupid, but I could use a tutorial on getting pics onto the forum

Nice eh? Just need to order the winch now.

LC
24Seven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 20:01    Post subject: Re: Cruddy link to picture Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
That's the Baby!

I'm not completely computer stupid, but I could use a tutorial on getting pics onto the forum

Nice eh? Just need to order the winch now.

LC

Very nice Smile

To post pictures you need to upload the picture to a host, I use http://imageshack.us/ because it's fast and easy.

Then you copy the "Direct link to image" and paste it between this code ["img"]www.whatever.com["/img"] remove the "

I hope that makes sence? Smile

If you press quote to my post with the picture in it you will see what I mean (maybe)
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 20:07    Post subject: Posting images Reply with quote

Ahh, I'm with you. So these people host our pictures and the forum links to the pic on their site? And they do this for free? Go figure!

I'll give it a go.

Cheers

LC
24Seven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 20:15    Post subject: Re: Posting images Reply with quote

Landcrusher wrote:
Ahh, I'm with you. So these people host our pictures and the forum links to the pic on their site? And they do this for free? Go figure!

I'll give it a go.

Cheers

LC

That's spot on, sometimes you can link to other peoples already hosted pictures, EG the one from TPR above.

I clicked on the large picture link, then right click on the photo then properities, then you can see the code for the picture http://www.4x4shop247.co.uk/contents/media/16-5841_g.jpg, then I put that between the ["img] ["/img"] code (removing the ")

It's easy when you get the hang of it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: