Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Timing Belt Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve H

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:17    Post subject: Timing Belt Light Reply with quote

The light came on to indicate the cam belt needed changing after 60K miles and this has been done, but I cannot find a way to turn off the light on the instrument panel which shows it needs doing.

Is there a way to do this or do I need to go to the main dealer?

Thanks

Steve H
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

simonjz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 19:41    Post subject: Timing Belt Light Reply with quote

You need a knitting needle and a small screwdriver.

On the instrument panel perspex cover between the rev counter and speedometer, there is a small rubber grommet sealing up a small hole. You should also see at the base of the instrument panel (again between the rev counter and speedometer) a small black switch that sticks out. Use a small screwdriver to prise out the grommet and then a knitting needle to press the switch. This will reset the Timing light sensor for another 60K miles.

Hope this helps!
Rgds
Simon
Steve H

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. I seached all round for the grommet but none in sight. Took the panel off as someone had suggested there might be a screw behind the dashpanel covered by paper a la Hilux but no sign of that either. As a temporary measure have removed the bulb!!

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Steve H
simonjz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:11    Post subject: Timing Belt Light Reply with quote

Steve..

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I am only aware that these switches are on the Amazon, 97 or earlier. I thought that is what model you had.

Sorry if I mislead you.

Rgds
Simon
Steve H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
Took the panel off as someone had suggested there might be a screw behind the dashpanel covered by paper a la Hilux
Steve H

Found it today, marked "switch". Removed the screw, inserted into other hole and bingo, light now out.

Thanks

Steve H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: