NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

How many turns does your engine make before starting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:37    Post subject: How many turns does your engine make before starting? Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you let me know how many times your 3.0TD PRado engines turn before starting from cold. I'd like to get an idea of the average.

Mine takes about 4 but sometimes it starts in one!

Also, how long does your glow lamp light for?

Mine goes out in under a second in all weather conditions butthe glowers stay on while in ACC until I engage the starter. That drains the battery after about 10 seconds in the cold which means that the battery struggles to turn the motor :shock:

Thanks to let me know. Might be useful for all of us too.

Cheers,
Ken
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Tonka

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello

yeah mine takes about 4 turns to start and the gp light stays on for about1-2 sec

but
when its really cold and we have snow it sometimes takes 7-8 turns before it starts
i'm thinking about changing the gp's
or maybe thats why the uk's have two battery's......hmmmmmmmm
its a mystery to me
any views appreciated

cheers

eric 8)
k1elliott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric, Thanks for your response. I thought 'I' was being left out in the cold with nobody answering me ;)

Thats interesting. I've heard cruisers starting at the petrol station and they start much faster than mine.

I have recently changed the gp's in mine however and it didn't really make it start any faster or better.

I'm going to look at the fuel filter next because by looking at its exterior it looks like Toyota only said they changed rather than actually doing it.

Next will be runnig a can of injector cleaner straight through to the injectors rather than adding it to the tank.

Then after that I don't know.

Does your engine shake just as you disengage the starter?

cheers,
Ken
Tonka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Ken,
when hot it starts almost instantaneously, not so much a shake, more of a judder Shocked
did fuel filter at service, made no difference, have heard some say a non return valve helps Confused
hope this helps

oh by the way have put up another post regarding lights reminder "bong bong bong bong" does yours have one, should mine, if so any ideas where its located?
sorry to hijack thread

cheers

Eric 8)
scagmelag

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
Mine Is an October 1996 prado auto and the glow plugs light goes out in under a second and it has started on the first turn upto now . Laughing
The glow plug light does not come on in ACC on ignition switch only comes on in ON position on mine Confused .
I have only had prado a month and it has a brand new 100amp battery fitted . Laughing
My alarm system is a clifford maxx1 system that imobolises two off the engine starting circuits the ecd and glow plugs . Confused
I cannot remember the glow plug light staying on any longer time before the alarm system was fitted so i presume it must be set about a second or so. Laughing

mick
k1elliott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Mik.
Sorry, I meant ON (when the dash comes to life). I was guessing :oops:

First turn eh, nice.

I am dropping mine in to be checked out in a couple of weeks time and will let you know.
k1elliott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric, don't see your post regarding the lights reminder.
I have been caught twice now by leaving my lights on at the airport carpark at considerable expense.
I'm guessin you don't have a reminder either?
I'm gonna check the owners manual on the weekend (if I remember).
I have wiring diagrams also but couldn't be *beep* at the minute. :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: