2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What CB?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Radio communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, great - look forward to the haggle!!

BTW - could you or LC please bring a SWR meter thing to adjust the antennae?  No idea how to do that (yet), and no idea which one to buy, so I'd prefer to get a quick hands-on lesson and advice before committing to a purchase - worries me when the price range goes from £5 to £25-ish - I know what the one for £5 will be like, and the £25 won't be 5x better, but there must be a happy medium, and brands to avoid Smile

cheers - roll on Friday !!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
OK, great - look forward to the haggle!!

BTW - could you or LC please bring a SWR meter thing to adjust the antennae?  No idea how to do that (yet), and no idea which one to buy, so I'd prefer to get a quick hands-on lesson and advice before committing to a purchase - worries me when the price range goes from £5 to £25-ish - I know what the one for £5 will be like, and the £25 won't be 5x better, but there must be a happy medium, and brands to avoid Smile

cheers - roll on Friday !!!
You'd probably be just fine with the £5 unit but somewhere in my garage I should have a spare cheap but functional meter suitable for CB that I used to keep in my 80, I'll have another rummage. They're very easy to use so a crash course won't take long.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced that if you rummage in your garage long enough you'll find a jumbo jet in there somewhere  Laughing  Laughing
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I only have quite a small garage really and I've had quite a clear out already with the passing of my 80 but you'd never know it if you saw the state of it!

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
fubar
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

radio choice depends on where you want to place the unit and where you're going to be using it.

If on series 80 you remove the cup holder in centre cubby box, then can fix the unit there upto a decent larger radio like the Cobra that has UK and Mids Euro channels whioch should push receive better than midlands etc.

If going to Africa, then at Tunis you may be asked directly by an offical if you have CB or GPS whereupon you may have to spend next 3hrs registering it. So a smaller hidden unit, and easily hidden aerial useful too.

my choice; a Uniden 100 if you can find one with small magmount aerial with 50w amp to give you ltha tlittle extra in the dunes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Radio communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: