4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hi from the Equator...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karamojo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 22:24    Post subject: Hi from the Equator... Reply with quote

Hello to all!

Just bought a '97 HZJ77, and as with my other cars, looked for a good forum to join... Seems that I found it!

Got some other 4WDs, but for the terrain and conditions here the LC is what makes more sense. Though I love RR's comfort, I can't really afford their kind of ongoing mechanical engineering refresher course for lucky drivers (same for Disco); got a LR 90 but can't decently ask anyone I do not hate a little bit to climb in; got - and love - a G290 in West Africa, but parts are worth their weight in gold... So, once everything is said and done, want a strong reliable useful 4WD in Africa? A 70 series with a 4.2 diesel is just the ticket!

And if most safari, hunting, and tour operators run them, they may know something worth knowing, do they?

Philip
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 22:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DJR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course they do!!

Congratulations on your purchase, and

Welcome to the madhouse!

1996 3.0 tdi Prado Import.  Gone!!
mbw13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening  Very Happy

"ongoing mechanical engineering refresher course...", sounds like a very tactful polite way of saying they're as reliable as a two-bob watch   Wink  I owned a Discovery for 8 weeks, yes, only 8. Almost spat the dummy when I realized how much it cost in fuel at the end of the first week of owning it, half way though the second week it nearly killed me when I was overtaking somebody and the power steering pump seized up.  Twisted Evil  It spent the next 3 weeks sitting at the "Prestige" dealer getting it sorted out, then I drove around for a couple more weeks buring a friggin great whole in my wallett, only to realize that yes, the power steering pump was on it's way out again. Feeling rather p!ssed off, happened to be driving down the road and saw a 1990 Isuzu Bighorn on the side of the road at a dealership, said to the guy what he wanted for the Bighorn, 15 minutes later, I had an Isuzu sitting in the driveway and a smile to boot!  Very Happy

Anyway, enough of my polava, welcome along. Looking forward to seeing pics of your wagon when you can post em'.

Mike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> New member introductions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: