4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

What's the difference between BJ or FJ etc. ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rarorandy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:26    Post subject: What's the difference between BJ or FJ etc. ? Reply with quote

My father has just purchased 2 old landcruisers, I am told they are BJ40, but to be honest I dont know the difference between BJ or FJ etc. One is 1979 and the other 1981, both SWB 3.0litre Diesel. Having not physically seen them yet and having heard his stories about how they are 'in need of restoration' I think he is going bonkers personally  Rolling Eyes , nevertheless they will have to be fixed up for the road, and his personal mechanic, ie moi, will likely get the task per usual  Shocked

Can anyone out there direct me to a website or other good source of parts for these machines. I think they are mechanically ok, so it appears that body parts are in demand, the most pressing being two front wings.

Many thanks for taking time to read this Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

roscoFJ73

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi .They both sound like BJ40s which means they have a "B" diesel. Because of their age they could be B or the later 2B. There is also 3B (3.4 ltr)and 13B(direct injection).
The FJ40 have "F" 6 cyl petrol engines and there are also H diesels in the longer wheelbase HJ45.
The type of engine and model should be on the firewall plate. The engine type is imprinted to the engine block in 2" letters.

The front fenders are almost impossible to get these days.
If they cant be fixed then maybe some F/glass fenders will be the best bet.

To my knowledge,the countries that are easiest to get parts from are  Australia or the US which had the most imports of these.
IMO your father would be better off hanging out for one with a good complete body.It will be cheaper in the long run.
Holden Commodore V6
YAMAHA TT600R Belgarda
Triumph Rocket3 08 with Jardines and Tuneboy Wink
Honda XR650L
1988 HJ61 turbo diesel with windas that slide Wink  Sad
jondoel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

try SOR.com or CCOT.com (cool cruisers of Texas)
oflynno

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

is one white and one blue?
rodger

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 23:47    Post subject: front wings Reply with quote

It might be worth looking at http://www.roycreations.com although all his stuff is in f/glass but a pair of front wings are 275 euros. If however you want steel you will have a long search. I found a pair (after 5 years) and have just restored, lead filling, and fitted them. My old ones have been widened but I'll restore them at some future time. They always rot above the support but I've split mine and the inner arches and support bolt in but when I've been playing in the mud I can get all the muck out.
Good hunting

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: