Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Happy Milner customer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbv8

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:31    Post subject: Happy Milner customer. Reply with quote

Hi All,
I just done all me filters on my 1996 L/C bought a filter kit from Milners offroad kit incl oil/air/fuel filter 7lts of semi synthetic oil 10w/40 ordered on the net £60 del to my door in two days. Quality items and quality service i have NO business interest in this company just a happy customer Very Happy  It saves asking some spotty attitudal got no idea what i'm doing young moron at Allfrords what filter? wheres the filter?how much the filter? oh its not in stock mate type person  Mad  I am not saying they are ALL like that just most of them i have delt with  Rolling Eyes  so save yourself the grief and messing about order from Milners i'm glad i did Very Happy  any other happy or dissapointed Milner buyers out there  Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:31    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

So have you noticed your oil light staying on longer, as Milners oil filter don't have a anti drain valve in them, when you start up it takes a fraction longer for the filter to re-fill.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
smudge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you check the filters for swarf too .After finding metal in both of the ones I bought , chucked them in the bin where they belong!

1996 Mercedes e220 Cabriolet
joinerman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ALWAYS use genuine yota oil filters, think about it, whats the most important filter on the engine? as smudge says put a pattern filter on & it fails for some reason what comeback have you got against the supplier, are they going to pay for an engine rebuild? i think not, whereas if youv'e used yota filters then i'm sure you would have some redress, For the sake of £14-16 is it worth it? how much is an engine rebuild?

Joinerman
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 21:17    Post subject: Cheep = cheerful? Maybe not. Reply with quote

Have to say that following all the post on this subject, I may steer clear of Milner oil filters, although I have used them for many years. I don't have a problem with the oil light on mine staying on longer. But, yes, I shall be going back to original or the Denso ones that PCS sell nearby.

LC
cbv8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have just returned from a week Devon to read all your posts on Milners products and must say i wish i hadn't read the posts and returned back to cra**y Brum really  Rolling Eyes  The bit about the oil light none anti drainback valve and swarf makes me cringe a bit  Shocked My oil light stays on about the same time as it did before the filter change but the one i took off was a spurious one so who knows eh Confused  I WILL probably buy expensive/genuine/original items next time unless my lump prematurely expires before hand that is Crying or Very sad On a positive note i changed me cambelt before i went nice one Landcrusher and all who explained how to do easy or what  Rolling Eyes  my L/C never missed a beat Very Happy  I put some Redex deisel injector cleaner in before i set off and i must say it starts much better now i did rev it up to nearly 4000rpms a few times though just to clear the cobwebs out  Twisted Evil  it averaged 28.56mpg @70-80mph not bad me thinks  Laughing

Last edited by cbv8 on Sat Apr 26, 2008 23:21; edited 1 time in total
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbv8 wrote:
Hi All,
it averaged 28.56mpg @70-80mph not bad me thinks  Laughing

PMSL I get about 20mpg out of my 4.2td. But I do run 35" tyres and have a heavey right foot Cool

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it went well, Chas. 28+ mpg is right about where it should be. I did once get 32 out of my auto lwb. Definitely used to favour Esso and BP juice. I'm getting 21 mpg - i think that the trailer and quad bike are really taking their toll on the economy. Next Scotland trip, I might go without the trailer and see if it goes up. Driven steady at 60 mph on motorway nearly all the way really should get me better than that.

LC
cbv8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Landcrusher,
I reckon i could have got maybe 32mpg if i had stuck to 55-65 ish mpg but laborious or what  Shocked i filled up at Trago Mills just outside Newton Abbot @£113ppl. The  average price down Devon at mo is £122ppl so i wasn't that fussed what make it was Confused  I think my next trip to Devon i may go without the missus and see if my fuel consumption improves even more  Wink  Wink   Wink
mick the digger!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

have had both good and bad experiences with millner....most recent bad has been front pads for my 100....they give off a ridiculous amount of dust....but at about 20euro vrs 50euro for mintex from my local factors hardly a suprize...wouldnt skimp again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: