Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

FJ45 Power Steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haggis100

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 21:35    Post subject: FJ45 Power Steering Reply with quote

Hi,
Has anyone fitted PS to their 40/45? Apparently an early Hilux steering box would do if I can't get an original LC one. Any advice or guidance from this side of the pond would be great.
Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 21:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rodger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have PS on my truck but it's all from an HJ60 including the axle. Still not 100% happy with the column connection but it works.

Probably easier to graft a complete steering system - H/lux or 60 - but make sure that if yours is RHD you get bits for RHD otherwise the potential to turn the wheel left and wheels go right exists.

It may be worth considering looking at an electic aid for the steering column - from Honda CRX etc. Many of the Hotrod boys are using these now because it is a lot less agro and is easy to do (so I'm told). If you need more info, let me know and I'll ask some questions.

Regards
Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: