2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Nokian SUV Tyres - Can't believe the difference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freddy21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:20    Post subject: Nokian SUV Tyres - Can't believe the difference Reply with quote

Okay - before you yell at me I know most people on this forum probably want to go off-road and therefore choose chunky tyres, but for those rare animals who are willing to admit they only use their Land Cruiser on road 99.9% of the time this is for you! I recently changed my Bridgestone Dueller tyres to Nokian SUV's, and it is like driving a totally different car. Quiet, responsive and smooth. I got them from tyre leader, who manage to send them from Germany in less than 3 days and still be cheaper than anyone else.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DEANO3528

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been a Bridgestone Dueller fan after nearly losing my Range Rover on a dry country road. Soome strange sidewall action going on there!
Got Duellers on my 95 and they do threaten to break away where even the Cooper STT's on my D1 never seemed to.
I think my next buy will probably be BFG A/T's for laning and good on road manners
Juddian

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a fan of Nokian tyres anyway, currently have a set on an Outback, and a winter set for my old Merc in the garage (which i must get round to flogging cos it never goes out in the winter any more), always had good service from them, and Vredestein too.

I'd considered those Nokians for the 90, the AT version, however i was tempted by a seriously cheap set of Hankook RF10 AT's from Tyreleader, which once run/bedded in are proving a decent tyre for general use, but i've wondered since what the Nokians would have been like in comparison.

The Hankooks came with 12/13mm tread depth and are showing no signs of wear at all, are the Nokians as deep please, new tread depth is something its very difficult to find details about.
Vagabond

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a set of Hankook RF10 ATs in LT265/75R16 back in around 2010, when they were first introduced. They have done 40k miles now and are not even 1/2 worn - probably only 3-4mm down on the original 12mm tread depth.

Good handling on road and they have been OK for most offroad conditions that you experience day to day. For the more extreme stuff you might need something more aggressive though.
tonyjus

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 20:35    Post subject: tyres Reply with quote

Exactly which nokian tyre did you use please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 90 Series / Prado / Colorado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: