2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Landcruiser Trip to Wales - January 09

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the same one we used for the Treasure Hunt a few years ago, but camping next to the farm, http://www.tyisafbala.co.uk/

You can have a fire on part of it, but you just have to lift the turf and replace it after wards.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 0:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
You can have a fire on part of it, but you just have to lift the turf and replace it after wards.
That's the bit I'll be on then, lifting a ring of turf is what I do when wild camping so that'll be perfect.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
TonyS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point,must be able to have a fire!
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of us (in fact, 4, I think) are South Africans.  Two of us have already discussed having a 'braai', and sod the weather - so there will be a fire of some sort  Laughing   Anyone else interested?  Bosvark??  Senekala??
TonyS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ,showing my ignorance, a braai?? Gotta get heat!!
brooky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for adding us to the list, campsite looks great and a fire and braai/bbq sounds awesome, I will bring some of Somersets finnest Cider. Myself and the wife will arrive Fri eve and will keep a look out for the details.

Are most people under canvas or those with the LWB taking advantage of this?

Thanks again, regards Brooky Laughing Laughing
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring my BBQ and anyone is welcome to cook on it.

I will pack up some seasoned wood as well.
dSIco

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK starting to get a little concerned now.  I only have All terrains that have seen better days on my LJ70.  Are they going to be up to all the excitement, or should I bow out gracefully of this trip and wait for the next one?  Giving me some time to get some pennies together for truck improvements...

I am torn between coming anyway and sod the consequences and being cautious and wait till the truck is better prepared, as it is standard apart for the exhaust.

Cheers,

Si
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh - I've still got the original Dunflop tyres - and I'll still be going along.  Gotta trash them somewhere  Laughing  Then I can justify some BFGs  Wink
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

dSIco wrote:
OK starting to get a little concerned now.  I only have All terrains that have seen better days on my LJ70.  Are they going to be up to all the excitement, or should I bow out gracefully of this trip and wait for the next one?  Giving me some time to get some pennies together for truck improvements...

I am torn between coming anyway and sod the consequences and being cautious and wait till the truck is better prepared, as it is standard apart for the exhaust.

Cheers,

Si

I'm sure the 70 will be fine and anyway if you get stuck (which I doubt) some one will pull you a few yards. Smile
SpinDrift
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Unfortuantely it looks like I won't be arriving till early Saturday morning.  I'll then be camping Saturday night.  Looking forward to a great weekend.

cheers

Reinhard
24Seven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 18:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be leaving Poole about 08-30 ish on Friday and will head for the M5 (Taunton) and then across the bridge into Wales meeting Andrew (The Lovely Boyo) at around midday near Brecon, we are going to explore a couple of lanes and drive some picturesque B roads to North Wales anyone on route who can make the timings can join us if they wish.
TonyS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont worry about getting stuck, its half the fun getting trucks out of trouble.all for one....
dSIco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confidence boys...

At the moment, it looks like I shall be arriving late Friday night.  What are the camping costs?  I think there will be two of us...

Si
Hobbyoffroader

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I have done loads of offroading in my modified Wrangler  Laughing but this will be my first outing with the 80 Sad  seeing as I've bought it nearly 2 years ago Exclamation . My spare wheel is still at the back under the car and looks exposed.

What is the verdict, should I rather load it inside Question

Also, the MOT tested wrote a note with some play on the front wheel bearings - I don't have the right socket or torque wrench to tighten this up. Question is should I have it fixed before next weekend Question

Cheers

Dirk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Club events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: