4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Auxiliary Lighting

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lennytoyota

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:02    Post subject: lights Reply with quote

Landcrusher the lights look SPOT on Laughing the rack looks very well how about a front picture with them all switched on.

Lenny
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

lennytoyota

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:02    Post subject: lights Reply with quote

Landcrusher the lights look SPOT on Laughing the rack looks very well how about a front picture with them all switched on.

Lenny
lennytoyota

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:06    Post subject: lights Reply with quote

Lenny
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny, not sure I know you well enough to go full frontal at this stage. Thought we could just hold hands for a while Laughing  They're pretty bright - would probably not come out well. But seeing ias it's you, I'll give it a go. Hope you are all ready for this Arctic blast for the weekend. Let's hope for deep snow.

WW the aerial is my CB. I have a Maycom and a small (50watt) amp. We use them in Scotland for keeping in touch. With a small amp we can get quite a serious distance. We're not disturbing anyone. There's 40 channels of silence up there. Since the flippin' cows chewed off my new radio aerial this weekend, I shall be looking to mount one up there too.

Need to sort a small loft ladder for the roof rack. I have put a false floor in the rear load liner where it can be stored. My rifles and bridging ladders fit under there too.
lennytoyota

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 21:12    Post subject: lights Reply with quote

Landrusher full frontal,you dont want people to think your a flasher Shocked

If its going to be cold up there make sure you keep your haggis covered,dont want the cold getting in Laughing

Lenny Wink
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Was struggling with that one - flasher. Yes, very good.

What do ye know of the haggis? Ahh ye know too much..

LC
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may know the Haggis is a small rodent that lives on the hills of Scotland.

Unusually, because of it's habit of running round these hills, its left legs are longer than the right. This keeps it upright when circling the hill in a clockwise direction.

To catch a Haggis, you have to get ahead of it and make it turn round, when it falls over!

Willy
andy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering Willy wrote:
As you may know the Haggis is a small rodent that lives on the hills of Scotland.

Unusually, because of it's habit of running round these hills, its left legs are longer than the right. This keeps it upright when circling the hill in a clockwise direction.

To catch a Haggis, you have to get ahead of it and make it turn round, when it falls over!

Willy

You can shoot them, but best to use a .22lr as a 17hmr will knock the stuffing out of them.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Supra,Sean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 14:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wandering Willy wrote:
Two questions

Where did you get the Lukar crimping tool/how much?

And

What is the aerial on the roof rack for?

Just curious regarding the second item.

The LCOOL web site for Ozy folk is full of stuff relating to CB radios (or similar) and how to get a mobile phone which can call home from a point halfway to Alice. The relevance is that my home is in an area of mid-Norfolk where the mobile phone reception goes from good to nothing with distressing frequency (no pun intended). The Australians seem to rely on having an external aerial on the car - often mounted on the bull bar - which connects to the mobile. I wondered if your aerial was doing something similar.

Willy

CB antenna a must for our vehicles
I have the lights the antenna everything!!  except the rack Sad  saving pennies
lennytoyota

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 19:40    Post subject: haggis Reply with quote

Have a look http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkTPdmM-cA

Hope moderator is ok with link

Lenny Laughing
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

WW sorry Mate, too many glasses of Vino El Restoro last night. Forgot the details of the pliers for you.

They were from premier wiring. Next day delivery on a Saturday £2.40. Pliers were about £17 Sorry about the massive link. They are on flea bay at present.

http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/ws/e bay.dll?ViewItem&item=380081366029&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=280281257937&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m183&_trkparms=algo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252BSI%26otn%3D4

LC
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LC

I'll give them a try

Willy
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty pleased with the lights. PIAA, IPF, Roo etc etc would be on my list if this was a really serious project, but in honesty Guys, I only want to light up the ten feet in front of the car. When I'm off road, the danger is rocks lurking in the shadows not wildebeest crossing in great herds. Being able to see several miles in front is no good to me. Having said that, these are not 'cheap' lights, they're nicely made and well weatherproofed.
4 lights all in the same place does the trick.

Couldn't resist the silly missile switches. I wired up the side lights, which are actually quite good when you're parked up and just need a bit of light to see by around the vehicle. With the rear lights on too, I just need some wooden horses and candy floss and we'll be set for all the fun o' the fair! All the lights are independent of the main switches as they're clearly meant for off road use only - Officer.

LC
Mr D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lamps look great, nice job Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: