All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A few pics of my 1997 Colorado LC

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senekala

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 21:36    Post subject: A few pics of my 1997 Colorado LC Reply with quote

A few pics of my cruiser. She still needs a few mods but those will come.

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 21:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Bosvark

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice and tidy lookin Cruiser. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

What type of roof tent is that and what size?
Have you done any thing to the suspension yet?
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does look good, but you need some much bigger wheels and tyres in there, man. They look a little urban. They must be 16" I guess, but why do your arches look twice the size of mine? What series are they - 55? Ahh, just seen the last ic - you had standard wheels and rubber on there, Looks like OME suspension? I can see yellow peeking out from under there.

Nice rack too - what make is that? Clearly not a Sherpa cast off!  Very Happy I would just love to take off and have a tent like that. It would save me a fortune in digs when I'm shooting.

LC
senekala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howzit Bosvark
I bought the tent from a company in germany. It is a prime tech tent 1.2m from the States! Although I am sure it comes via China. But cant complain as it is really sturdy and the material is thick. I have the Iorn Man nitro 2" suspension kit in there and a set of 30mm wheel spacers to give it a wider footprint.
senekala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LC
Those are 20" road wheels they just look lost with the Iron Man suspension. My arches do look bigger than yours but it is standard maybe they are bigger on the lwb! The rack is a patriot rack, I am quite a big lad so need a solid base to take my weight. The roof tent is amazing though up in two mins and away in four. Great for on the go.
Regards
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, got yah. Thanks for that. I love the rack. Very snazzy.

LC
senekala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a set of 8000 HID headlights in today, What a huge difference in light cover and clarity.

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does that entail exactly? Certainly look nice and white. Wouldn't mind that myself. Can't really use my floodlights on the road. I think that would cause too many accidents to oncoming traffic! Is this a full kit or some-such. I know that the std wiring is a bit thin.

LC
senekala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LC

Its a full kit and only 35w so uses less current. "HID, High Intensity Discharge, (also known as Xenon) refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas in a sealed bulb, similar to the lightning phenomenon in the sky. HID lighting does not have a filament but instead creates light by igniting an electrical discharge between two electrodes in an air tight tiny quartz capsule filled with xenon gas. HID lighting are also called Xenon lighting, referring to the gas inside the bulb. HID lighting improves durability by 10 times as road vibrations can cause damage to halogen filament, but there is nothing to break inside HID bulb. These light sources also produce a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight.
The color temperature is more than 5000K compared to 2300K for halogen. The light output from a 35W HID Xenon lamp is 300% more light than a 55W halogen bulb. The HID Xenon system will also consume much less power from your vehicles electrical system and generate much less heat during operation."

I bought mine off e bay but make sure you get a quality kit as there is some cheap and nasty kits on there.
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Buddy. Nice write up. If yours is a good'un, perhaps you could share the details? PM is fine of you don't want to advertise for any reason.

LC
senekala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

LC

the one below is the one I bought. they say it takes less than an hour to fit but mine took 2.5 hours to fit properly hiding/cable tieing all the wires and making sure the headlight housing is water tight.

http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/H4-HI-LOW-HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-LAMP-HEAD-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ260306717637QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260306717637&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
senekala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pics of the wheel spacers that I put in.

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, they're a lot nicer than mine. Mine are the hollow cast aluminium ones with stud extenders. I got them on e-bay for £40 or something like that, second hand. Before you all go "Oh that's dangerous" I'm not a pudding. Fitted correctly, all torqued up etc, they're fine. But inferior for sure. I wanted to see how it would look and feel. I will probably get some like these after Christmas. Half decent solids seem to start around £100. Once again, helpful if you could post details of the ones you got. They look the biz.

LC
senekala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lc
Got them from LA Supertrux for £155.
http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/copy_of_Wheel_Spacers.html
KZJ90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so flat tyre? Oh why oh why...  sad7
Is it 225/40R20? It´s crime to put those under Land Cruiser.

Sorry my opinion.
*water-intercooler + chip
*3" down pipe + exhaust
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Readers Drives All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: