NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

My new Aluminum BJ40 project

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spackrackman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 20:51    Post subject: My new Aluminum BJ40 project Reply with quote

Hi all, just keeping things going and that i maybe soon be asking for help as I have just bought the aluminum BJ40 project from Ireland last week. I now have two BJ40s and I am looking forward to getting started on this new one. I need some bits so anyone breaking any or have any for sale do contact me.

If you want to know more about what i have got please do contact me.

Thanks

Jonnie

(Hi Roger I am back from a long break from this forum!!) (I blame the children)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 20:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:44    Post subject: Re: My new Aluminum BJ40 project Reply with quote

spackrackman wrote:
Hi all, just keeping things going and that i maybe soon be asking for help as I have just bought the aluminum BJ40 project from Ireland last week. I now have two BJ40s and I am looking forward to getting started on this new one. I need some bits so anyone breaking any or have any for sale do contact me.

If you want to know more about what i have got please do contact me.

Thanks

Jonnie

(Hi Roger I am back from a long break from this forum!!) (I blame the children)

Spotted the pics on ih8mud great buy I scared the mrs by hovering over the confirm bid button on e bay but just couldn't afford it well done
Sean

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this the one?
for the money he was asking id much prefer to ship 2 original BJ42s from Australia or a minter from Japan.

spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I did not pay what he was asking! I have not yet decided exactly what to do with it. Probably attempt to finish it, sell it, go to OZ and find myself an origional one and bring it back.. but looking forward to the challange of finishing it off. Should not be too hard as I have my other one to point me in the right direction when I get stuck.
Sean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

your red one looks great.
AB40

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just joined
Sprackrackman love the red bj40, was wondering what the rims and tyre sizes were and are they available in the uk ?. Its just i have access to a container coming in from USA and may buy the wheels over there.
Is that Red 40 running on the original running gear or did you give it a slight lift ?

Cheers
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi  glad you like it!  I will check out the tires etc and let you know, they came with it when I imported it from Australia so cant really tell you about the set up..  With the Aluminium project i recently bought the guy had to buy the wheels from the states, he said it was impossible to get the correct offset in the UK. Apparently they were pretty cheap and only took 6 days from Summit Racing in Ohio.  The tires were from the UK.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/129773-bj40-build-2.html  - mentioned here.

What have you got?  to add the wheel to

Jonnie
Sean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

AB40 wrote:
Hi all, just joined
Sprackrackman love the red bj40, was wondering what the rims and tyre sizes were and are they available in the uk ?. Its just i have access to a container coming in from USA and may buy the wheels over there.
Is that Red 40 running on the original running gear or did you give it a slight lift ?

Cheers

THose rims are generically called "Sunraysia" in Australia. Ive seen similair ones on landrovers in UK Ireland.
AB40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sprackrackman;   I have a wrecked out bj40 1978? (only has the front cowl, axles, engine and chassis) and have shook hands on a 1981 bj40 thats still been driven around on a farm. Cant post any pics as no camera etc. I hope to collect a few parts over the next 3-4 months and start frame off restoration in the summer. Would you consider selling the 3/4 aluminum tub if price was right ?
Is the tub a 79-84 tub ?
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are considering Sunraysia wheels you could take a look at this Australian link which might be relevant:-

http://www.dme.qld.gov.au/zone_files/Mines_Teri/safety_alert211.pdf

I came across this on the LCOOL web site.

The problem might only occur when used on heavy vehicles like an Amazon (3+ tons?) but you might want to check.

Willy
spackrackman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 21:42    Post subject: Another one added to the growing collection Reply with quote

Thanks grenade, i could see the pain as I drove away.  Finally I think I have enough bits to start on the aluminum build, now all I need is time, motivation, Doors on my workshop, a good electricity supply......... the knowledge(grins at Rodger)

I shall post some pics at some point, going to try and line all three up.
Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:57    Post subject: Re: Another one added to the growing collection Reply with quote

spackrackman wrote:
Thanks grenade, i could see the pain as I drove away.  Finally I think I have enough bits to start on the aluminum build, now all I need is time, motivation, Doors on my workshop, a good electricity supply......... the knowledge(grins at Rodger)

If you've got any spare parts left after the build I'd be very interested need a bonnet front screen etc etc
grenade
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 22:19    Post subject: Re: Another one added to the growing collection Reply with quote

spackrackman wrote:
i could see the pain as I drove away

Shotgun! let me know when the alu project is at an event where I can have a ride...
spackrackman wrote:

Do that. I look forward to the pic.
spackrackman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I sure will do! not much progress at the mo.. if any!! I am just trying to get my workshop sorted and more appealing to work in when its winter! I have finially sorted all my tools and got them hung up. I keep getting side tracked also.. Been pottering on a custom bobber Harley... god know why!

It will be done and I shall get all three into the same shed at some point soon!

I liked the pictures of the German 40's  would like to go to an off road event myself sometime soon.

jonnie
spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I have started, slowly but its now in my shed and Rodger and I have been looking at the steering. I think we have sorted it, but there is one track rod that I could do with replacing, I shall put a picture up tomorrow to see if people can recognise what it is off. The pump was off a 70 so maybe so was this part.. anyway couple of pics in its current location

managed to zoom in on one of my images... anyone recognise this?  this one has been heavily beaten and doubtful I will get the nut on this one when its time to fasten it all together.

More to follow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: