Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

whats the best tuning chip for the 120

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toyota mad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 21:44    Post subject: whats the best tuning chip for the 120 Reply with quote

does anybody have a chip fitted and does it make that much of a differents to the cruiser

which make of chip are the best
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 21:44    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've a Tunit chip fitted to my 03 LC5, problem being that my engines just developed a fairly major fault, and I'm unsure as yet towards the cause, but the Tunit performance chip is in the mix of guilty suspects until proven otherwise at the moment.

When the vehicle was running the chip made a very noticable differance in available power and certainly enhanced the performance, no doubts there.

Read the recent 120 series serious engine failure post.

I've used many chips (not on LC's) even from less reputable retailers than Tunit without problems, however the Landcruiser reliability hat V's recently installed performance chip is interesting.

I'm pretty disappointed as neither on paper should have me in the situation I have, LC are indestructable and Tunit's are the top end, but it's seems I've managed to break something, so we'll see what happens as we work through the fault finding process.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm (still) considering using the genuine Toyota chip, from TTE in Germany - they seem to have two variants, so am waiting for a response from them.  Expensive though - thus the 'still considering' bit - got qupted £900 for one - but toyota warranties it - so that's got to count for something, right??

The only other one I've considered is the Spider tuning device - seems to be a bit more advanced than the others.
Phoenix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my own car was not already chipped I would consider going down the Toyota route simply because of the warranty that comes with it.

My car produces a little over 200bhp and I have to say the car is not slow at all. It pulls nicely and, if desired, kick-down gives a nice push in the back as it accelerates Very Happy

Consider the genuine Toyota chip.... yes it is expensive but I hope it would be worth it in the long run Smile
toyota mad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

toyota chip, the dealers in south ireland for toyota never stocked or fitted chips, i rang a couple of them... so i guess i'll be looking into a toyota chip in northern ireland....
                          but then again my dealer in the south of ireland is one six big toyota dealers been cut because toyota ireland are cutting costs, so god knows were i will have to head with the cruiser for a service.. Crying or Very sad  so maybe there not interested in chips at the moment, they have other worries.. Question
                         it seems a good chip if toyota stands by it, it has to be worth a try for them reasons i must look into it cheers everyone

14all_and_all41 -  i think i will stay away from tunit chip, i dont think i'll risk it.. i hope you find the cause of your problem soon, thats sad news for such a good name "toyota"
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota approved chip?  Shocked  never heard of it and neither has my local Toyota dealer ..... r u sure?  Confused
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - see here:
Toyota Chip

They even quote the genuine Toyota part number (PZ439-J9771-00 for auto, PZ439-J9771-00 for manual).

There's another D4D chip here, also supplied by the Toyota folk:

D4D chip

but no genuine Toyota part number quoted.  I'm still waiting for these guys to get back to me with more details - as soon as I have them, I'll post them here.  I'm also waiting for details on what the diffference is - they seem to give the same values for final power / torque output for each chip - but I suspect one is specific for the D4D motor and one is a generic Toyota power chip (guessing here  Shocked  Laughing )

Cheers
toyota mad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the home site of that link "garystockton"... till i look it up on the cruisers Question  Question  Question
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home page is here:

Toyota MotorSport
toyota mad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks,i just seen the picture of the double exhaust entry on a landcruiser in the link for the chip, thats why i asked so i can follow it up from the main page.. i was very impressed it looks the part

cheers Cool  Cool
toyota mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

how much extra performance would i get from a chip... and does it make a big saving on fuel costs...
xpro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTE is piggy back ecu which was originally used on landcruiser Invicible from the factory to achieve 200bhp.
id say this looks like a nice upgrade and the fact it is a genuine toyota part.
Toyota Mad if ring you local dealer and give them the part number they should be able to sort it out for you, they did it for me  and the price they gave me was something like over 1500 euros, silly price
toyota mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

what dealer did you ring because my dealer knows nothing about the chip.. i was thinking i'd be best buying it in the north ... because the sterling  is weaker than the euro, so i should get a good deal..

garystockton reckons £900 thats like 1000euro at the moment
xpro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota Fitzpatricks in naas. Yea north be the better option
toyota mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers mate i'll be in dublin tomorrow i might get down that way and quiz them Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: