NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

BJ40 body tub fabrication

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spackrackman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

they look awesome, I especially like the troopy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 23:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PILGRIM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 20:50    Post subject: fj40 fat40 Reply with quote

fat40 6 inches wider than stock, NOT CUT AND ADD..all bodywork custom made.
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 20:52    Post subject: fj40 fat40 Reply with quote

Here she is with the original size bib..
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

78 bj,fj40 tub..made by us.
Eivind37

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pilgrim!
If I understand correct you have or make parts for the 40 series. This is very interesting. What kinds og parts do you have, and what is the price? If you could give me an example on what you have, and what you can get, and a price example I would be very happy.
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 15:00    Post subject: 40 parts. Reply with quote

pm sent..
thnaks.
Paul.
oflynno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey paul,i too would be asking the same question on price

do you do any other parts?

i am over here in ireland where we have plenty of 40's that need tubs and all body panels

put up a list of what parts you do,pm the prices if you want to keep it semi private
i have been talking to people here to chip in together and import enough parts for 3-4 vehicles at a time or a full shipping container.
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

We supply every body part for the 25,40,45,and working now on the 55 and rear qrts for the 60, we can also supply parts for the 70.
Let me know exactly what parts your looking for, and Ill f¡give you the prices, I can organise shipping from here if needed.  bulk buying is the way to go , as individual shipping is a killer.
I think a 20ft container costs about $3800 landed.. add about another $800-1000 for a 40ft.
Paul.
oflynno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

off the top of my head

front fenders
bonnet
front grille
rear quarter panels
floor section
rear corners
and i would like a complete pick up cab for a project

i would think you could nearly multiply that list a few times

if you can get prices together for each part and there is enough interest we could put a master list together of what everyone needs and get them shipped.

we can keep in touch anyway
rodger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 22:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are a number of us all having PMs with Paul over in Costa Rica....
We all want the same things - body parts for 40s/45s
so...
Let's bring it all out in the open and see if we can put a deal together to get the parts that we need shipped economically to Uk/Eire.
For this to work we would need to fill a 20' or even a 40' container. Paul makes the parts so that is going to take time so the starting point is surely to list the parts that people need and are prepared to contribute the money for (This maybe a wish list now but must be for real when and if this goes ahead). Remember that the price for the parts will have transport costs on it , fees, import duties and Vat on it.
Paul will have a good idea how much will fit in a 20' or 40' so if we start a open list then we can see if we can get it together.

Please note that Paul doesn't do repair panels so parts like sills, rear quarter repair panels etc, cant be on the list

If we can get a list together here, then we can cost it all out, apportion the costs and then, if that works, go ahead.

Way to go?

Rodger
BJ40 with HJ60 running gear
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 17:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodger.
This is the best way...group buys. as individual shipping is a killer, unless of coarse you have bags of cash which is always useful over here in central america.
As with regards  patch panels..we dont make those, we make the whole thing,  new rockers, inside and out side, either complete rear qrts , or just the skin, we make all the sills and supports, Everybody panel we make, .we are now offering oem style soft top kits, with soft doors, rear bifolds with soft uppers, and removeable, comes with a set of bows and all hardware..
In stock right now I have  
2x 1978 3-4 tub
1x 1965 1-2 tub
4x 1980 3-4 tub
8x rear qrt skins
10 sets of 1980 doors skins
3x78 complete front floor section
3x 1978 rear sills
3x 1980 rear sills
a bunch of inner and outer rockers for both years, fenders, hoods, bibs, aprons, sills ..
1x 1978 complete rear floor section with main support and minors.
1x all new complete 1965 fj40, with frame. soft top. in primer, no running gear as yet.
1x all new 1980 troopy, with rear bi folds and lift up tailgate on frame, no running gear as yet.
1x new troopy 1980 with 1hz turbo, power and air, 4 disc´s
1 x restored 1978 fj45 lpb b diesel with or without frame and running gear in raw metal
1 x Fat 40. 6 inches wider than stock b diesel.
1x fj40 1976 1 owner 1f
2x fj55 1972, 1 spung over.
1x fj40  1977 New Chev V8 ,auto, air, leather, power, arb, old man emu .warn.
All these are left hand drive trucks.

We can make or supply any parts for the fj25,40,45,47 and rear qrts for the 60 and 70.

And as a note, we are not limited to Land cruiser, we have many years working on restoring classic cars..combined experience more than 116 years bending metal,  we have just finished restoring a 1952 Muntz Jet, that was shipped from the US for us to do , then shipped back, wether it be from a 1940 willy´s coupe to a Vitesse to a Rolls Royce..If its made form metal we can make it..perfectly.  
We also make parts or turn key complete for the willy´s or ford  military and civilian jeeps.

If you have something that needs to be made, and parts are just not available, send us the original, does not really matter on condition,  we´ll copy it and send them both back to you..
Yours Sincerly.
Paul.
oflynno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

my input on the whole thing would be that everyone puts a list of what they want together

everybody pays Paul directly for their parts,either online or whatever suits Paul

the only thing we need to put together is the cost of shipping a container from there to here,wherever it may be

the worst thing about this is people withdrawing from it before delivery takes place and someone else having to foot the bill.

the other bad thing is getting someone to look after the money end of things with so many scams and rackets out there.

also,just as a matter of interest,could people state whether they are in ireland or uk
i am in ireland and there are 2 more interested at the moment
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 0:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point..
Thats always been the hardest part, if there is one person who could be a contact point locally that would be good.
a 20ft container to the UK costs around  $4000 US. landed..in that i can get about 13 3-4 tubs and a pile more of smaller stuff.
then duty needs to be paid and delivery or pick up needs to be sorted..
I can arrange all shipping if needed, but maybe someone over there has better contacts than I, internally.
As with regards payments , everything has to be payed for in total before it leaves my shop, And anything that is ordered has to have a %50 deposit .
that can be done by international bank transfer..
No doubt that this can be a bag of worms, but if done correctly and above all honestly it will work out pretty good.
Feel free to chip in..
Paul
oflynno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guys,its now upto peeps here

anyone else got any input,ideas,better off saying now rather than when things are up and running
PILGRIM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wants to play..
Just think of a tub shipped to Europe for a shipping price $500 each....
need 10 tubs..
Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: