All Wheel Drive Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear Fog Lamps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrahamW1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 13:15    Post subject: Rear Fog Lamps Reply with quote

I hava a 2004 Amazon and the fog lights have packed in, I have checked bulbs etc but cannot determine from the book which is the fuse for them. The only fuse marked DEFOG is ok but not sure if this is supposed to power the rear ones or not.

Does anybody know for sure where the fuse or relay if there is one is located???
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 13:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 21:57    Post subject: Re: Rear Fog Lamps Reply with quote

GrahamW1 wrote:
I hava a 2004 Amazon and the fog lights have packed in, I have checked bulbs etc but cannot determine from the book which is the fuse for them. The only fuse marked DEFOG is ok but not sure if this is supposed to power the rear ones or not.

Does anybody know for sure where the fuse or relay if there is one is located???

Hi Graham

I have just gone through owners manual and cannot find the rear fog fuse !

I can find the front one which is fuse 11 marked as "FR FOG 15A but that does not protect
the rear.

The fuse marked DEFOG is the heated rear window, not the fuse !

I assume the teltail comes on, on the dash? and you say you have checked the bulbs, how did you check them ?

and the other thing to check, check the wires that come into the tailgate have not broken

Radiotwo
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's ECU-B1 in the EWD.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildsmith wrote:
Looks like it's ECU-B1 in the EWD.

Hi Again

Is the "ECU-B1" not for the Navigation system ?

Radiotwo
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I just looked up the wiring diagram for rear fogs on an 04 and the only fuse in circuit it shows other than the big main ones at the battery is ECU-B1 ... Working out the nav fuse would be a bit more challenging because there's a lot more to trace and it seems to change quite a few times including pre & post 08/2004.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
GrahamW1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 19:55    Post subject: Rear Fogs Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies, yes the teltail comes on but the lights dont. I checked the bulbs on a battery so they are ok.

Where is the ECB1 located?
Nor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10A ECU-B1 fuse is located behind the LHS kick panel. (To the left of the passenger's left foot if RHD). This fuse panel contains about 23 small fuses and is surrounded by several large plugs and a couple of relays.

But, as the indicator comes on, it's likely to be a problem with the wiring. The positive runs through a Red w Yellow (R-Y) cable to the fog lights, and back (negative, ground, earth, 0v) through a White w Black (W-B). Grounding point is "Under front seat LH" according to the wiring diagram (that's a long way to go).

Good luck
GrahamW1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem solved, was a broken wire (well three to be exact) in the harness that supplies the tailgate

I find it odd it did not take any fuses out as the wires looked like they had been touching the frame
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamW1 wrote:
Problem solved, was a broken wire (well three to be exact) in the harness that supplies the tailgate

I find it odd it did not take any fuses out as the wires looked like they had been touching the frame

Just to say I thought it might be that !

Radiotwo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 100 Series / Amazon Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: