Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

General Grabber AW Any good Please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad190

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 14:10    Post subject: General Grabber AW Any good Please? Reply with quote

Hi Guys.
Its time for some new rubber in all 4 corners on my 96 td prado.
I have had a quote off Event tyres (mobile) for £284 fitted.

Have you guys had any experience with these tyres please?

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 14:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had them on my Surf for 4 years, ok for a road tyre and a muddy field in summer, but they will not be any good off road in proper mud, they were good on a wet road and stopped without any drama's.

Not a bad price you have there.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
brad190

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

Sounds just what I'm looking for as the only off roading we do is in a camping field  Smile

Its not a bad price as you say but really I'd like the BF GOODRIDGE as I had them  on my previous car but there coming in at £520 Embarassed
Thanks for the advice.
Brad.
brad190

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.
I decided to go for the General Grabber AT2 from Event Tyres in the end at £409 for 4 fully fitted on the drive by a pleasant lad from Eccles.
Excellent service all on a Saturday morning too!

I havn't been far since but the Cruiser rides much nicer maybe a little nosier but only slightly & they look great!

One think though I've read some of you guys run with 35psi or more & I'm thinking maybe I should.
I've set them at 31psi.
Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> General non-technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: