Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New radio installation success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 14:10    Post subject: New radio installation success. Reply with quote

Hello all,

I've just completed a head unit upgrade in my 2004 LC4.  I fitted an Alpine IDA-X100 unit (iPod / USB / MP3 / radio).  I thought it might be nice to share a few tips with you.

First of all I looked at the posting by "Landcrusher" a few topics further down the page.  This advice was spot on.  I also found a very handy document on the Toyota Tech Docs website.  This document (code #08600-00963) can be found by searching through the accessory installation guides on the techdocs site.  The doc shows the location of all the fascia clips as well as the order to remove them.

In order to get the fascia off the dashboard I bought a set of 'spudgers' from Frosts.  These are a set of 5 nylon prys which won't damage the plastic fascia as you lever it off.

As I was stepping down to a single-DIN unit I needed a fascia adapter.  I eventually found a RAV-4 unit which worked from Car Audio Direct.  This is a rather plasticky piece of kit and required a certain amount of modification in order to fit into the centre dash cage properly.  However, a bit of Dremelling and all was well.

Once the mounting hardware was installed, the wiring was straightforward.  A Toyota-ISO loom adapter took care of most of the connections.  The only other wiring I had to sort was a DIN-ISO aerial adapter.  The final step was to install the USB / iPod cable into the glove box.  Once I figured out how to release the glovebox this was fairly straightforward.

Hope this is of some interest,
James.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 14:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jwr,

You did take loads of pic's didn't you !

I know you did, just teasing. Very Happy

Your just waiting to upload them I see. Very Happy
jwr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pics of the installation I'm afraid.  The whole operation was done under cover of darkness and in torrential drizzle.

James.
uk_vette
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: