Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

EBC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:17    Post subject: EBC Reply with quote

This will be short. EBC, excellent. Ordered, came, fitted, worked.

Nice one EBC. Nice one Simon for the discount arrangement. Bought std replacement pads, seem very high quality, made in England. Had a special running in coating on them to clean up your discs.

LC
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:17    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Grimbo
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep , agree with all of above , discs v good too , now need front pads for the set
Wandering Willy

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julian made the point a while ago here that the 6000 series pads are good but the 7000 series are better. I have fitted my car with the 6000 pads which I got from EBC Direct rather than from EBC themselves. So I had to go to the EBC website to find out about the two different grades.

I have no problems with the 6000 series pads on my car. They work very well but I might have been tempted by the 7000 series had I known about them at the time.

In case you haven't got their web addresses

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/

http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/

Willy
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had delivered and fitted my 6000s on Monday. The old pads still had mileage on them but the N/S ones stank a bit and I suspect they may have been roasted from the sticky caliper. Pedal feel is better, no doubt , after a 200 mile run to Dublin and back yesterday. No 7000s for LC120, which is what I wanted.

'Nother job done and passed MOT on Saturday too.  Cool
leon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

reading there web site the 6000's stop beter but the 7000's last longer
not like there expensive ..i think for my money i would rather stop better ?
2009 pug boy
2010 pug girl
         ^ dogs Smile
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only offered me standard or 6000 series pads for mine so there's no decision to make  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this earlier, but may get a response here:

So I replaced the rear pads yesterday, as those are the ones Toyota reckon were shot.  I found the left wheel pads to be ok - maybe 30% worn or so, the right wheel pads were a different story - the in-board pad was OK - same wear as the left wheels.  The outboard pad was down to the metal  Shocked and even that was being worn a bit  Shocked  Shocked Any ideas as to what would cause this - sticking piston perhaps?  It seemed to push back in OK when it needed to fit it over the new pads, and I cleaned out under the rubber seal and it seems ok (re-greased too).  One of the mounting pins seemed to be more worn than the other, too, bit gave them both a good clean and re-grease.

I also fitted the 6000 pads (will do front this weekend).  Jon - did you phone / e-mail them for the different pads?  Their lookup only showed the one axle for me (think it was front?) and an email solicited all the required details.

Cheers
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to the EBC direct web site and put in my vehicle details Gary. It showed standard quality and 6000's for front and rear so decision made I went with the 6000's. I probably would have gone 6000 even if it had offered 7000 but if they're available for my vehicle it's a shame they don't show up on the site.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
leon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

garystockton wrote:
I posted this earlier, but may get a response here:

So I replaced the rear pads yesterday, as those are the ones Toyota reckon were shot.  I found the left wheel pads to be ok - maybe 30% worn or so, the right wheel pads were a different story - the in-board pad was OK - same wear as the left wheels.  The outboard pad was down to the metal  Shocked and even that was being worn a bit  Shocked  Shocked Any ideas as to what would cause this - sticking piston perhaps?  It seemed to push back in OK when it needed to fit it over the new pads, and I cleaned out under the rubber seal and it seems ok (re-greased too).  One of the mounting pins seemed to be more worn than the other, too, bit gave them both a good clean and re-grease.

I also fitted the 6000 pads (will do front this weekend).  Jon - did you phone / e-mail them for the different pads?  Their lookup only showed the one axle for me (think it was front?) and an email solicited all the required details.

Cheers

link here for piston greaseing http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4946

link here to flush yeh brakes incase they have a airlock in the calaper http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5321

failing that uneven ware on the back pads could be the sliding pin's (let the body of the calaper move in and out on the disc
Or its not uncomon to have to file the pads bodys to have them fit what you would call loosly if you have to tap them in or even push them in there to big and need filed so they fall in with no resistans

part number 47715c main and sub

2009 pug boy
2010 pug girl
         ^ dogs Smile
lucky
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note here on the rear pads for the 80 Series (and probably the 100 series too.

DON'T let them wear down too much, it is a known problem that they can pop out if worn too much (with less than 1/4 of the material left). I had this happen on mine last year, killed the brake disc and the Caliper. A relatively cheap job to replace pads became an expensove job with 2 new discs (I always change as a pair), 1 new caliper and new pads.

Plus it was really hairy going down the Llanberis pass on the way to my Mother's, having a brake pad pop out and having pretty much no brakes - anyone knows the Llanberis pass knows that this is not the place to have a brake failure.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I lost a pad like that twice on my 80  Shocked

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers / Service Providers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: