4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

100 series boot storage rack

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big-Andy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try a couple of 2 drawer filing cabinet drawers side by side - I've got these in my 80 ratchet strapped down to anchor points and can put them in or take them out as I need them. I've used them on a number of trips and they work fine and for about £35 each they are almost disposable
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:20    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of that but I've already got some runners for the drawers and fancy making them but then again ... I may just stick with shelfs and euro box's though because then I when I'm not cooking on the tailgate I can just take the kitchen euro box over to the cooking spot instead of keep running back and forth to the truck  Smile

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some heavy duty triple section draw runners from B&Q. I think these will do the job. I can always fit two pairs. I'm going to try and plan that bit for the weekend, so I'll sick some pics on the 90 boot system thread. Going OK so far.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be a few weeks before I can do much more with mine and putting the rear ARB locker in will probably take priority before the boot tidy up anyway  Very Happy

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the original thread I know, but why replace your rear locker? Is Mr Toyo's not good enough? Locked is locked isn't it? Or are you replacing weaker components?

LC
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The petrols didn't get lockers as standard in the uk, I think they had LSD's till 2000 (might have been august 99, not sure) when they got ATRAC. The ATRAC is pretty cool and nearly got me up rubie hill at Lincomb, but for pedal to the metal climbs like that the ATRAC is a bit too slow to catch up with the action and combined with the 36" Simex it obviously all gets a bit too much hence the bang  Laughing  I've ARB'd and rebuilt the front diff to get it back to 4WD but still have the rear to get round to. When I pulled the broken front diff out the carrier bearing pre-load was almost none and the crush sleave had crushed so no pinion preload. The carriers must come pretty loose from the factory because it only had 55k on it so looks like they need the same PM as 80 front diffs. Clearly some big forces involved in that bit of destruction, you should see the state of the R&P  Shocked  The new build is much higher preload with a solid spacer and the ARB carrier is supposed to be stiffer so there shouldn't be a repeat performance Very Happy

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see. Sorry, not up on 100's. Didn't realise it was all trickery not cold steel. Tha make sense then. OK, next time you'll be up and over then? I did think the formula one starts with the rooster tails of sand were impressive. It was a heck of a bang though.

OK, back to storage systems.

LC
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had time to add a couple of platforms this weekend. I started off by running some angle supports along the sides of the existing frame to support the platforms and then welded up the 25x25x1.5mm steel box section platform frames and screwed some more 9mm mdf to the top. Both frames have some nutserts in the underside and where they rest on the side supports are bolted down to stop them going flying! I also got to fit and try my platinum gear fridge drop slide  Laughing

My current plan is to put a pair of drawers under the lower platform and euro box's or similar on the others. I've gone with the fixed side frame and bolt in middle sections so that if this configuration isn't working out it should be quite easy to change but I needed something to be going on with and I can get on with painting the side pieces and installing aux batteries and compressors behind those panels now I'm pretty sure it's going to work out.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just done a search for the platinum gear fridge drop slide as I think it is a great idea. But it is another thing to at to the wish list at that price Shocked

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

That just looks so neat. I do think that you have a better space to work with, but even you pictures look better than mine, never mind the subject matter.

Err, looks like you're lining up for window mesh??? Hey did I have an original idea? No? Maybe? Just once? Sad

LC
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Those uprights will be getting a solid panel on the window side and one will have my inverter bolted to it on the window side and the other side is still up for grabs. That the bars / boards will protect the windows is more accident than design though  Very Happy

The fridge slide is expensive Paul but it's quite an important part of my scheme and is for family holidays and outings as well as me laning/camping or at least that's how I explain it  Wink  Laughing  All the designs I considered with the fridge lower down just didn't work as well for what I want and my old 80 funded stuff like this so it wasn't real money in a way  Smile

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a bit busy the last few weeks with other things but I got chance to break the back of installing the aux batteries and wiring this weekend. I've run 40mm2 cable from the engine bay battery into the boot on the passenger side where it goes to a heavy duty solenoid. The aux batteries are connected together and to the other side of the solenoid also with 40mm2 cable and to a heavy duty terminal block each side for power take off. All three battery connections are via 250amp inline mega fuse's. The solenoid coil is powered via an on-off-on toggle switch set up for constant, off, or voltage sensed (normal).

Here's the drivers side with the side cover off. My HAM radio is mounted to the inside face of the board and I've got my compressor installed as well. Above the battery is the new board with a 2KW inverter bolted to the back of it and in the top corner a power outlet for the fridge.

Passenger side - lot of unclaimed space which may be filled with a DC charger.

Still quite a large space below battery level on both sides that things can be stuffed into (jump leads etc).

Drivers side again but looking rearwards showing the mega fuse holder (on top of the battery), heavy duty terminal block (black block towards bottom left) and fused power distribution box.

Boards back on, not a lot to see except the compressor power switch and air outlet on the drivers side and the inverter peaking out from behind its window board.

I need to run a few more power sockets but that's the bulk of the electrical work sorted so I'll be getting back to the business of storage next.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Jon

you might want to fit a few computer fans in there too to extract all the hot air from the electronics, or alternatively blow air in. But I suspect you're going to have to cool it one way or another - fans and a biggish heat-sink?

Cheers

Gary
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garry, the radio is the only thing I'd worry about getting hot but it has its own fans / heat sinks and there's plenty of space around everything for ventilation but I'll be keeping an eye on things for a while till I'm sure it's all ok. The inverter also has its own fans and is in free space. There are enough gaps between boards for heat to escape so it should be ok.

Have you put a computer in yours yet?

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so you should be fine then.

Haven't progressed the computer yet, I want to build in the load system first and then do the system although I may start sooner and just buy the bits slowly. Unfortunately finances got hijacked (family been in Cape Town for the last month. They get back in a couple of hours, and the bathrooms are getting renovated. It never ends  Wink  Crying or Very sad )

cheers

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: