4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Latest SatNav Disc??????

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PtP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 23:10    Post subject: Latest SatNav Disc?????? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what is the latest satnav disc to use in an ’03 Amazon?

My current one quotes: Data: 2001 ver1 which I guess is now well out of date. Rolling Eyes

One I’ve found is: Toyota satnav ver 15  Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 23:10    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

NIGE

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I have a spare TNS 300 NAV DISK 2004/2005 ver 2 IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED,it is from my Lc120 2004, Nige.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:52    Post subject: Re: Latest SatNav Disc?????? Reply with quote

PtP wrote:
Does anyone know what is the latest satnav disc to use in an ’03 Amazon?

My current one quotes: Data: 2001 ver1 which I guess is now well out of date. Rolling Eyes

One I’ve found is: Toyota satnav ver 15  Smile

Hi pete

First thing, how is the new motor? (I did put a comment on another post but you missed the point)

but to the disk, the latest is 2006-2007 Ver2

but do you realy want a updated one, do you know the cost ?

also there is diffrent disks, I will try and find the link (unless any one has it to hand) you need to know
which disk, for the right sat-nav system
http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/g6yrk.radiotwo/SatNav#
this is the one in mine is it the same as yours?
Radiotwo
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link: Toyota Map Updates
PtP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input.

Firstly, the new Amazon is just great! Very Happy  I just wished the dealer had done a proper job in having it valeted before it was delivered. It was grubby in quite obvious places with odd crusty chip and a bit of spilt curry sauce under the seats! I’ve already had a set of refurbed wheels fitted from the dealer on e bay. I’ll get around to posting some pictures one of the days, but unfortunately it won’t be for a while as I’m off to hospital tomorrow and I’ll be out of action for several weeks most likely, but as and when things get better, “I’ll be back!” Smile

I’ve managed to find the number on my current disc and used the online map update link to identify the new disc I need, it’s: PZ485-X01EU-08. I've done a quick search on the bittorrent sites and I’m currently downloading the Western Europe disc. I’ll have to get a DVD+R DL disc to burn it to though!  Rolling Eyes

Here is the link from where I’m downloading it from: http://e bay.org/torrent/4828477/Lexus___Toyota_EU_2008-2009_ver.1_Navigation_DVD_West_Europe
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

PtP wrote:
Thanks for the input.

Firstly, the new Amazon is just great! Very Happy  I just wished the dealer had done a proper job in having it valeted before it was delivered. It was grubby in quite obvious places with odd crusty chip and a bit of spilt curry sauce under the seats! I’ve already had a set of refurbed wheels fitted from the dealer on e bay. I’ll get around to posting some pictures one of the days, but unfortunately it won’t be for a while as I’m off to hospital tomorrow and I’ll be out of action for several weeks most likely, but as and when things get better, “I’ll be back!” Smile

I’ve managed to find the number on my current disc and used the online map update link to identify the new disc I need, it’s: PZ485-X01EU-08. I've done a quick search on the bittorrent sites and I’m currently downloading the Western Europe disc. I’ll have to get a DVD+R DL disc to burn it to though!  Rolling Eyes

Here is the link from where I’m downloading it from: http://e bay.org/torrent/4828477/Lexus___Toyota_EU_2008-2009_ver.1_Navigation_DVD_West_Europe

Hi Peter

Good luck with the Hospital visit, hope all goes well

Radiotwo
PtP

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m now trying to discover how to burn onto a DVD+R DL in DVD-ROM mode at 2.4x speed using Nero. I suspect I’m going to need some different software. Rolling Eyes

Any computer gurus know the answer to this one?
PtP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update on this one!

I’ve managed to burn the disc, but it doesn’t work. Sad

I’m now enquiring around on the dodgy software sites as to what to do next or what I’m doing wrong and how to recompile the disc if necessary.

I’ll keep you posted!

BTW, I went to PC World and they wanted around £25 for 10 discs Shocked , I then went to a local PC supplies shop and 10 discs cost me just £5! Very Happy
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

PtP wrote:
Just a quick update on this one!

I’ve managed to burn the disc, but it doesn’t work. Sad

I’m now enquiring around on the dodgy software sites as to what to do next or what I’m doing wrong and how to recompile the disc if necessary.

I’ll keep you posted!

BTW, I went to PC World and they wanted around £25 for 10 discs Shocked , I then went to a local PC supplies shop and 10 discs cost me just £5! Very Happy

Hi Peter

When I tried it, it was saved as a diffrent file format, but how long did it take to download it?

Radiotwo
PtP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t recall how long it took to download as I downloaded it a while back now, but I think it only too half an hour or so. These torrent download sites vary in speed depending upon how many people are connected with the file available to download at any moment in time.

The download looks like it was just a folder with seven files in it. It’s the iso file only which needs burning.

I have Nero 8 which included Nero Burning ROM, so when I double click the iso file it automatically opens Nero Burning ROM. I then adjusted the burn speed down to 2.4 speed and then just burnt the file onto a DVD+R DL.

The file structure on the new disc looks very similar to the original disc with the same file and sub-folder names except there are quite a few more files and folders in the new one.

I suspect the problem might be with the way Nero has written the Dual Layer as I understand there is an OTP and a PTP format. I think the original disc is in the PTP format and I think I’ve burnt the new disc in the OPT format. Confused  I just need to work this out and see if I can change this, but I’ve no idea at the moment.

I’ve messed around in the past with TomTom files and folders and managed to get downloaded maps activated etc, Very Happy  but this looks like a whole new ball game!

As, when and if I get it sussed, I’ll share the info on here.

If anyone knows mush about burning DL discs with Nero, then any help would be appreciated. Wink
Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using ImgBurn? http://www.imgburn.com/
It's free and pretty much burns anything. I opened the iso in it and it says it wants to burn PTP.

It is a KISS programme. Not as bloated as Nero but does what it says on the tin.
PtP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I already have the programme, but when I last tried to use it my laptop went tits-up and I thought it might have been the imgburn software at the time, but now I don’t think it was.

I’ll reload it and have another go with it if I cannot work out how to use PTP with Nero.
Chrisk942

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

After hunting around and getting the smallest pack of Verbatim DVD+R DL's that I could find I had one of the techy chaps have a go at it for me at work but it didn't work..  Although he did admit that he couldnt do it on his PC at that slow a speed (2.4x speed).

Might have to bite the bullet and pay £££ for a kosher one.  From the toyota updates site the new version also appears to unlock the SatNav functions whilst on the move which will be a big bonus

If anyone wants the 9 x spare disks to give it a go I will happily send for £1.00 each + postage

Regards Chris
PtP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 21:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can burn at 2.4 speed, but I cannot work out how to burn using PTP. I’d given up on this, but if anyone knows how to change from OTP to PTP then I’ll give it another go. I have both Nero 8 and ImgBurn, but I still can’t work it out. Confused

I bought my +DL disks from my local PC repair/supplies shop at £5 for 10, whereas PCWorld wanted £25 for 10! Shocked
steviebabes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 16:03    Post subject: Latest SatNav Disc Reply with quote

I also have a 2003 Amazon with an ancient disc. Has anyone encountered a webstore which sells the latest version? From my searching so far, it seems that some discs are incredibly expensive, and car-specific. This car-owning lark is never easy!

Still, if you have to spend out on a car, the Amazon's a good 'un.
Very Happy

Steven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: