NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rear Bumper Build

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome mate you have me thinking now hmmm Very Happy

you have only one life, enjoy.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 13:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers dude - you can be the first to have one when I move into full production Steve Wink

How's yer axles these days?  All sorted I hope.  I have been putting off doing mine for a while now but must do it soon before they turn to paste as well...
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gavlad wrote:
The problem I have is the bloody chassis mount coincides with the first fixing point!!!
My first fixing point came out in the middle of the body mount bracket, there was just enough room for an M16 nut and washer between the chassis and the mounting rubbers & washer. There should be pictures of that somewhere ... If you can't do that then maybe leave that first fixing on a captive nut and just do the other two, not perfect but better and if you wrapped some angle round and put a few M12's up through the bottom of the rail you'd be up to strength then IMO Smile

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get a proper look at her over the weekend & sort something out when I take it off to weld it up properly.  I won't be recoverable/recovering any one til its good & strong Smile
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers gav im waiting for parts to come in.   there fairly easy to tear down and rebuild i was thinking of droping them both and adjusting the slop out of the
front diff but looking at the procedure im not fealing brave enough so im just going to do the inner axel oil seals for now both cv's look at/change the front
wheel bearings.   the hub bearings dont have any play at the mo and iv already got milner wheel bearings so will rebuild with tho's for now

ill do a full axel overhall the next time the hubs need regreaseing or juilan will next time Wink  i have some spare cash next year now tho

are you going to leave where the end caps use to be bear or are you going to make a bar to go round them for a bit of protection  Question

you have only one life, enjoy.
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Steve - production!!!  Z'if Wink

I've got all the bits (I hope) on the bench but need to get me bike back on the road before taking Greenie to one side for some TLC...  The Yam has been parked up for a while & having charged her up, the bloomin alarm system won't let me back in...  One of my buddies has a trailer, I just need to pick it up one night...

Back to the bumper, my intention is to try & add some tubes around the corners so long as I can get them looking sommat loike right.  Will get some bends pulled & have a play!!!
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

So its been a while since I updated - not much has changed but I have given the bumper a coat of paint & got her fitted last night so, here's the results from a hasty carpark photoshoot this morning...

I quite like it Smile  The pics are a bit dark so might try & get some 'sunny day' shots on the nest sunny day around here...

I've got to get going on the wheel carrier, corner protection & zorts system now.  Plus the JW bracing to beef it up properly Wink  Once its all finished, I'll get it all powder coated 'cos my painting is coming off already!!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good mate. To my eye it just needs a wrap around tube to finish it off  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

All being planned for JW...  Just can't work at your pace Sad
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hurry up or I'll have done it on my 100 before you  Wink  Laughing  50mm tube?

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no doubt you have it done before me Wink  50mm sounds about right to me...  Funnily enough, I have some stainless bends left over from a job that might just do the trick Wink  About a dozen of them - want a couple JW??  Nice & shiney to match your TJM hoop...  Cool
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I've got quite a lot of other projects to sort out before the back bumper so you should get there first. Mmm, stainless, well I always say you can't have too many bits of metal in the garage just in case they come in handy  Wink

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 16:53    Post subject: Swing down vs swing away... Reply with quote

I'm thinking about something a little different for my wheel carrier - not original thought though...  This chap on IH8Mud has come up with an interesting design & whilst its more the principle that I am thinking about, I'd like to see what you lot reckon...

I can imagine it being a pain upon occassion but if you got the tyre so it was level in the down position, table on!!!

Or a chaise lounge for your welder!!!

Let the games commence!!!
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a bit of a PITA to access the boot but ask Mark, he's got a swing down carrier complete with winch to pull it up and down on a very nice back bumper he built. I was going to try and get mine to swing under with a dual pivot but that's a dead project if ever there was one.

Why not an ordinary swing out?

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's Mark Jon?  I would be interested in seeing what he's done & what he thinks about it.

I was just kicking things about really - I will most likely end up with a swing out for sheer practicalness (??) but wanted to explore other thoughts too.  I suspect the novelty of lowering the drop down design will wear thin quite quickly.

On your carrier on the 100, do the pins have bearings in them or are they just sleeves?  I was wondering how crucial it is to have bearings at those points...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: