Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

'how to' guide - LC 80 hub strip down & cv change ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one JW - will bosch it across to you tomorrow as its on my work pc...  At work...  Not at home...  Where I am now...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 20:51    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

and there was me thinking you'd started working overtime  Laughing

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tchah...  Overtime is for Februarys Wink

Finally got broadbanded last year & bought the familly a new pc for christmas... Thought someone aught to use it Wink
stumpster007

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

What knuckle bearings and races do you all recommend ? I have located some ntn front wheel bearing kit for £60.54 per side delivered. Does that sound about right.   Cheers   Jason
aroscow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from Julian at Overland Cruisers. Same as Toyota ones but a ways better value. Cant recall the make.
Desperatezulu
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

That sounds very expensive  Shocked  Contact Idrubie from this forum via PM for a quote. I don't know the latest prices but as I recall Koyo knuckle bearings were around £10 each, so for 4 (i.e. both sides) you'd be in for around £40 plus del. Even if delivery was £10, you'd be in for £50 total, rather than the £121 you've been quoted.
Have a look at the sticky of my write-up on this same subject just below this thread for more details - I got my bearings from Julian Voelcker, you could try him if Ian Rubie is out of stock. I paid around £100 for inner & outer wheels bearings and knuckle bearings for both sides del.

Cheers,

'98 LC80 4.2TD VX 24v
Supra,Sean

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 19:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroscow wrote:
I got mine from Julian at Overland Cruisers. Same as Toyota ones but a ways better value. Cant recall the make.

Couldnt agree more Julian sorted me out with all the bearings and gave me all the info needed to get the rest and from where

TOP MAN
Bat21

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroscow wrote:

If I recall, they are Koyo bearings, identicle to the Toyota ones but a fraction on the cost.

I too got mine from Julian + all the advice to do the job, he even printed me out a 'DIY Guide' of how to do the job.

Top service from a top enthusiast.
stumpster007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,  Thanks for that, will be transporting my cruiser up to Julians the end of next week .I'm hoping that it will be picked up from valladolid spain tomorrow and back home mid next week. Will know more when he's had a look .  Cheers all
Channel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 14:37    Post subject: CV Change Reply with quote

Great article, and I am about to do mine.  However my local Toyota dealership can find no info on inner hub oil seals, do you have the part number.  I have tried 90311-62001 and they say it is not on their parts list.  Any ideas?
Cheers
John
Bat21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 18:54    Post subject: Re: CV Change Reply with quote

Channel wrote:
Great article, and I am about to do mine.  However my local Toyota dealership can find no info on inner hub oil seals, do you have the part number.  I have tried 90311-62001 and they say it is not on their parts list.  Any ideas?
Cheers
John

John, it is the inner axle oil seal that you need... maybe calling it a inner hub oil seal is confusing them.

I got 2 x 90311-62011 and 2 x 90310-35010 seals from my local dealer with no problem.
Channel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 20:08    Post subject: CV Seals Reply with quote

Thanks for that Paul.  However, you seem to be slightly at odds with Julian with the numbers.  Although he agrees with 2x 90310-35010 for the inner axle seal there appears to be a slight difference with your seal 90311-62011 and his 90311-62001 for the inner hub seal.  As a matter of interest the local Toyota dealership knows nothing about these numbers which is surprising as Julian has recently taken delivery of 20.  Whether the number would change because my vehicle is a 95GS model with no ABS is a possibility?  
Regards
John
jvoelcker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

No John, you just have a really useless parts guy that doesn't know how to drive his system and I suspect Bat21s number was a typo  Smile

Julian
1994 HDJ80, with loads of mods without looking too obscene Smile
1997 KZJ95 - Gilly's - plain black and muddy on BFG ATs.
suvsteve
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

iv just noticed this link is missing and the photo's no longer seem to appear on it any idears admin ?

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1n07m/LC80hubstripdownandc/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tlocuk.co.uk%2Fforums%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D5905

that was on a handy format it would be nice to get it working again  Very Happy

you have only one life, enjoy.
andy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

What this you mean http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5905
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 80 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: