Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

100 series sliders

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - is that some swish Aussie diff breather hose I see sticking out there by any chance  Rolling Eyes   Wink  Laughing  Laughing

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:28    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing No it's ARB air locker tubing Gary.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpinDrift wrote:
They are something I am currently considering for my 90 so this thread and the one LC had put up a while back on the same are of particular interest.
I'm sure there was another 90 slider build thread but I've gone and forgotten the posters name! Will you be making them yourself or getting them made for you? Do the likes of asfir (sp?) do them for the LWB?

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome to take a pattern off mine at the Lincomb meet. I can unbolt a bracket easily enough so that you can draw around it.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it - it was Tiaan hijacking your ASFIR thread I was remembering LC  Laughing

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside to this, I notice that you can buy Landrover sliders very easily and cheaply, nicely made and purposeful looking. A set costs about the same as I spent having just the bars made. You have then only got the brackets to source. Maybe the LR ones would modify. Just do not buy the ASFIR ones from TBR without seeing them first! You have been warned.

I'm not sure that mine will take the weight of the vehicle on a jack. I am going to give them a try. I think yours will as they look  a little more heavy duty and the brackets are more stubby. Mine are strong, there's no doubt, but if stuck in mud, I wonder if they might flex too much. I can put in a n extra piece which would be like a 'stand off' from the arm to the floor pan. Then I'd be sure.

LC
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the work is in the legs, getting the angles and lengths right IMO. Where the 'step' is welded to the legs like mine this is more critical to get right. Unless you really like the 'step' design of an LR product I don't think it would work out cheaper to convert them. IIRC the LR ones just go on over existing jacking tubes so there's nothing to them really compared to the cruisers.

Mine have been tested lifting the side of the truck from each jacking point, no problems there  Wink

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poser shot:

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
SpinDrift
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, I haven't got the kit, the skills or the work space to make them myself so I'd have to get made somewhere.  I'll need to draw up a design first.  You are right, the complexity is in the legs.  Jacking points are one thing I would want to include as as it is the Colorado doesn't really have any, other than the attachment that hooks onto the wheels and maybe a chain looped through the tow bar mounting.

LC, thanks for the offer, I'll probably take you up on it.  And also for the warning, I remember the ASFIR saga

I need to take a look underneath to see if there any complications such as cables or piping attached to the chassis that might need to be moved.

cheers

Reinhard
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict several people examining your chassis rails if you're going to Lincomb  Laughing

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, nothing tricky in the 90 set up. There are, possibly, improvements that we could make to the legs given a blank sheets and my pattern, but they're pretty good. There are no worries with regard to bits in the way. You have to watch out for a brake pipe when tightening one of the mounts and one has a small cut out necessary to avoid a fixing on the rear left. All the holes are there where needed. My rails are bolted to the legs because I used the asfir ones when I cut the rails off originally. Incidentally, one of the rails has just been reincarnated as my front roof light bar.

LC

Here's a reminder. Not as stout as Jons, but easy enough to copy and beef up if you felt it necessary.

benjii_90

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildsmith.... I don't supposes you would make me a set of these? I love them... Pm me Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: