Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

IPOD kit for 05 LC4

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightStalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 15:25    Post subject: IPOD kit for 05 LC4 Reply with quote

Hi all  Very Happy

anyone out there gone and added an IPOD kit to their beast?

I asked my local MR T and they stated there is no IPOD kit for the LC??? Kinda find that hard to believe nowadays when everythings MP3 player mad....

Regards
Rob
Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 15:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your dealer is right. No Toyo kit available. You need to use aftermerket stuff.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

B@ll@cks....

See this:

[url=http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aim_pubdetails.asp?strID={558FA500-B268-CC83-D033-71178F7BB268}]iPod integration Kit[/url]

Costs a bomb though.  there is a newer one out, that gives you a little 'accessory' flap on the centre console that takes the iPod USB cable.  Also costs a bomb.  Check flea-bay for OEM-equivalents that plug into the DIN plug on the back of the radio...  much cheaper.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they need more help, heres the installation manual...

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimuploads/%7BDC2B20A5-4C73-F714-7BDE-A78D63AF4C73%7D/iPod_PZ473_00261_00_AIM000883_1.pdf
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
I stand corrected and bow to your superior knowledge on this one. Looks simple to install too. Very like the one I installed a few years back on a 3 series BMW.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry, NC - the epithet wasn't for you - it was for the dumb-@ss Toyota dealers who sometimes astound me...
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool
Crispin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also a number of 3rd party which are not just ipod ( Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil I don't own a ipod) but just a normal aux in. Mimics a CD shuttle. They about £70 off fleabay.

Can dig up some details later as now, it is time to go sit in traffic.... (Been raining so everyone will be silly in it...)
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually fitted one to my 120. I used the Pioneer system with daisy chains like a sort of USB cable. There are LOADS of head manufacturer who do an ipod interface for their sets - if you can be bothered to change the unit. My current Avensis with std cd set up has a dealer fit option ipod interface. I am about to get rid of the car and the ipod bit is actually mine. I will have look and see if I can get it out. It may fit yours. I'm pulling it out anyway!!

LC
Wildmutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an adaptor lead from my local car audio store made by Autoleads which plugs into the cd changer socket on the back of the head unit. Then I just plug the jack plug into the headphone socket of my mp3 and turn it on. Its basic and doesnt charge the Mp3 but works a treat. Only cost a fiver and they make them to fit most car makers head units fitted to cars.  Worth a call to find out if theres one to fit yours.

Steve
keg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:47    Post subject: I-pod Reply with quote

Morning all, newby here, 07 LC4 and... a LR Defender N reg.

In all our vehicles, we used a Harman Kardon Play n Go. In the LC it is connected by the fm input and a joystick type control mimicks the jog wheel and it has a screen that can be positioned anywhere on the dashboard.

It can also connect via an aux input. Was originally £200 now £35.00 on the web.

Charges the unit as well.
marlot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4855&highlight=
NightStalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 21:23    Post subject: Re: I-pod Reply with quote

keg wrote:
Morning all, newby here, 07 LC4 and... a LR Defender N reg.

In all our vehicles, we used a Harman Kardon Play n Go. In the LC it is connected by the fm input and a joystick type control mimicks the jog wheel and it has a screen that can be positioned anywhere on the dashboard.

It can also connect via an aux input. Was originally £200 now £35.00 on the web.

Charges the unit as well.
[align=center]

Hi, do you mean to say that this thing is like a FM transmitter, ie you need to programm it in to a FM channel? If so then I'll pass as all FM transmitters I have tried in the past do not give you great sound quality...

regards
Rob
Cool
keg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 0:23    Post subject: i-Pod Reply with quote

It has the choice of both aux input via 3.5mm or FM, it's down to the vehicle. I agree with you on most FM transmitters like the I-trip, they are pants. With this unit, the ariel lead goes into the "brain" or control box and the box is then plugged into the head unit. Because it's in line and is powerful, it's like being sat next to the transmitter, never had a problem with interference.

On a separate issue, we bought the LC new in 07, very pleased. The only thing we wanted to add was steering wheel audio controls- not available, even as a factory fit extra.... madness when every other vehicle these days uses them.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right...

Good stuff, think I might go for it... will have to find out what connections we have behind the stereo. It's not like the new LC4s where you get the full colour satnav, its just the single cd player with turn by turn satnav (dont like those so will use my TOMTOM) the 3.5mm is just like a headphone connector isnt it? surley there must be some kind of adapter out there where you can convert the 3.5mm to whatever is needed to connect to the back of the system?

Regards
Rob
Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: