NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

threads marked as read??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Computer Bytes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blobrob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 20:07    Post subject: threads marked as read?? Reply with quote

Hey guys, when i sign onto this forum, after i press log on it takes me to the forum index but im still not logged on. Then after i log on again all the threads are marked as read. If i look at the last time vistited at the top of the page, it is the same as the current time. I have tried different browsers but its the same. Had the same problem previously but it went away, but not always. Now its very consistent. Any ideas?

97 HDJ80 Manual, Safari snorkel, 33" BFG AT, Wildsmith sliders, lift coming soon... to find out if I got that lift or made it Mongolia use a search engine Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 20:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to sound like typical tech support here but, try and delete your cookies.

The session is stored in them and phpBB could getting confused by something dodgy.

What browser?
blobrob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted cookies etc for both IE8 and Chrome, IE8 still need to log on twice, but i only need to log on once in chrome, so it kinda sorted it. This problem only appeared after i did a clean install of W7. In XP i only had this problem with chrome, but this way is better as i use chrome as my default browser. Any ideas what else could be causing this?

Thanks

97 HDJ80 Manual, Safari snorkel, 33" BFG AT, Wildsmith sliders, lift coming soon... to find out if I got that lift or made it Mongolia use a search engine Wink
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

gonna blame W7 here Wink Don't like it.

Sorry - I use chrome on XP and have not seen that happen before. Session stays ok for months.
bigyun
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it is not W7 I am on vista and I had the same problem, I delete all cookies each time I have finished for the day.. The only thing that I have done that is new is down loaded windows live and this is when the problem started. I had some other problems as well so decided to get rid of windows live and all is now working again.

I am not saying that this was the cause but the evidence is there.

Bigyun
blobrob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be working fine in chrome. I cant get rid of windows live, I need it to play certain games Sad . Thats M$ for you.

Thanks for the help.

Crispin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the same thing happen to me.

I had lots of unread threads, replied to one and now they all marked as read. Was using Chrome at the time.
Checked with Internet Exploder and they are still all marked as read. So, the forum has set everything to read. Don't think it's a browser thing then.
blobrob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still getting it occasionally, it happened just now actually, anyone else have similar problems? I use chrome but it happens on my phone and IE8.

Would like to get to the bottom of this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Computer Bytes All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: