Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

ToyotaWorld, Bridgend, South Wales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pje92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 16:41    Post subject: ToyotaWorld, Bridgend, South Wales Reply with quote

Really let down by these so-called main dealers.

Just spent the thickend of £50k with them on an 08 Landcruiser v8 and was shocked to find both front and rear brake pads worn to the metal.

Now this vehicle was sold as a retail sale so supposedley PDI'd.

They don't want to know, won't return calls, deny everything!

Toyota should strike them off for selling dangerous motors - I wouldn't ever buy from them again.

By the way this v8 diesel Cruiser is something else.   Rant over
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 16:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

PtP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read about you problems. Try Trading Standards in the dealer’s area and also give Toyota customer service a call. How many miles has the 200 done?

I bought my 100 from a Toyota dealer around 100 miles away. I went up to view the car and agreed several small points for rectification, including a better valet than they had already attempted and then paid for the car there and then. (They knew they had listed the car too cheaply on-line and they admitted they were discussing upping the price when I phoned and put a deposit on it.) When the car was eventually delivered to my home a few days later, they had obviously not done the full valet on it; there were chips and other rubbish still under the seats! At this stage, my wife steps into the frame (she works for a big commercial law firm) and a phone call back to the dealer was met with little or no assistance, so some veiled threats were made by my wife and hey presto they agreed to pay for a full internal valet. The job was eventually done both inside and out and the dealer eventually refunded the £90ish valet fee.

I reckon we’ll need a 200 section on the forum soon!
pje92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, car was on 12k miles when we bought it and I know they are very heavy on brakes as we had a 100 series Amazon for 6 years and did 265,00 miles in it, but as there were no new shapes about I had to go to a main dealer when one came up for sale.
Point being I paid full price (none about!!!find me one £47k for an 08???) so brake pads *beep*, air filter blocked and no spare remote key after being promised , I am a bit miffed.
Before the usual smart remarks,I have my own commercial workshop facilities being a haulage company so have rough idea of Ministry standards!? and sorted the pads and filters (fuel blocked as well with a red taint) for less than £100 genny parts.
Again, just a rant but I WON'T BE USING TOYOTAWORLD BRIDGEND AGAIN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Garages / Servicing Agents / Mechanics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: