2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

80 Series Lift

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone got any high lift springs and shocks for 80 series.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 18:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard response - talk to Paul @ West Coast Offroad Centre in Southport.  Ironmans the name, quality is the game...

Vay impressed with the 4" kit fitted to my 80.  I have no point of reference loike but I'm a happy camper...
aroscow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well pleased with the OME kit fitted for me by Julian at Overland Cruisers
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroscow wrote:
Well pleased with the OME kit fitted for me by Julian at Overland Cruisers

Of that, I'd have no doubts Wink

Gotta come on a mission with you hombre - you must pass by my doorstep on your way to Snowdonia everytime you go out...

PM for the next one if you fancy company Wink
aroscow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be a pleasure.

On a side note had a great drive in peak district Friday night

I found some roads that had been specially prepared for us, even made them easy to drive by restricting traffic with the sign that said Landcruisers Only - at least that was my  literal translation of "Road Closed".  Saw several frozen  cars part buried in the snow

Mind you the one with the traffic cone balanced on the 2 foot of snow got the better of me after about 1/4 of a mile - too narrow and I could not see the top of the dry stone wall as a rough guide for where the road was (or wasn't).  Backing up with a lift is a pain - ended up opening the tailgate and turning off the interior lights so I have more of a chance of reversing up and around to get back to a suitable turning point.

Last edited by aroscow on Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:54; edited 1 time in total
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

aroscow wrote:
Would be a pleasure.

Suweet...  Sitting by the post box Wink

aroscow wrote:
at least that was my literal translation of "Road Closed"

Va bene!!!  Not so much for us to play in over here in the lowlands of the Wirral but the 80's sure make it easy...

I was gutted when my cooling system let go on Friday...  Had to borrow the company pool car - Zafira I think...  Like a cow on ice...
aroscow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 22:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll pm you when I next head over that way - gotta warn you i drive like a cross between Mr Magoo and Driving Miss Daisy flat 62 on the motorway (which is nuts when you see me on a track, but there you go).
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet - something pretty to sit behind at my standard cruising velocity Wink
punk_sy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey gavlad how you getting on with this now you got it sorted? Do you have any flex photos? Might get the kit as im still waiting on springs from oec.

cheers simon
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Si

I've got a bit of meddling to do with the castor correction but just haven't had a chance since 'whenever' Sad  Still, the ride is fine - just a bit sensitive at the front Wink  Overall, very happy with the Ironman kit.

I was supposed to measure those springs for you too wasn't I?  Ooops, sorry...

Will try & flex those pecs for you too Wink

Cheers
Gav
punk_sy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing hey yea it was the shocks as i was going to fit eyelet shocks etc. but as said been waiting since before xmas for springs from tjm as they had a fire at there factory in oz.
So now thinking on going with the ironman kit but just wanted to know how it performs under articulation.

cheers Simon
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you're in Nottingham - a bit of a hike to Southport but if you are ever out that way, a call in to West Coast Offroad is a must.  Paul is a genuinely nice guy with loads of knouse & a fair selection of cruisers to boot...  

Last time I was up there, his 100 was looking a bit shabby after a roll in the sand in Morrocco & his 80 was looking fairly agricultural after a session in a bonfire field...  His 80 pick-up had the trayback on it & was looking good though - shame the showroom hadn't moved on much - I wonder why Wink

Are you out there yet Paul???
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few ropey shots of MUX parked on the bank at work this morning...

Front seems a bit stiff but we definitely have signs of flexing at the back Wink

There was a fair bit of creaking & groaning - had a play with the difflocks & he was reluctant to let go of the front one for a while...
punk_sy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good dude maybe when they have settled a bit they may loosen up on the front. Other than that you could take the front anti-roll bar of and see if it move more. Should be ordering my kit next month i think Very Happy You couldn't pm me the price delivered could you? I think there getting a bit annoyed with me ringing up about prices of everything  Laughing

cheers Simon
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they'll be getting fed up with enquiries Si - not in this day & age...  Keep on hassling them Wink  

Everytime I ring up to speak with Paul, I'm on the phone for yonks gassing about this that & the other.  

Plan a daytrip over there to collect your stuff & meet the guys...  Good bunch  Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: