4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Drawer System :-)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busaboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 16:12    Post subject: Drawer System :-) Reply with quote

Well, seeing that frogs are trying to sell a drawer system for way too much money i thought i would do some hunting on e bay and came up with the following. It had been on for 10 days with only 14 viewers and had hours to go so stuck in the minimum bid and won it! Not sure if it will fit but i can always mod it or use it for parts. Its supposed to be from a D22 Navara and is 1000mm x 1300mm

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 16:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool - what search string did you use?

And if it doesn't fit and you want rid of it, let me know!
busaboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just put in drawers and Automotive as the category to narrow it down and there it was. The title was just drawers with no reference to Nissan or Navara so wouldn't show in any searches.
Just have to pick it up from South Wales at the weekend.
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam missed that one. I keep looking as I want some, save me making them.

Paul

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

did your chap who makes draw runners not come up with the goods Paul?

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
busaboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first trip for the drawers is to my local fabrication shop, they do all our heavy equipment fab and quite a bit needs to be coded but the best news is that they are quiet at the mo so looking for projects (they do all the stuff for the 101 club including tanks.)
I'll see if they can copy the frame so all you will need to do is install runners and wood cover but i'll see if there are any names on the ones i have.
I will also do the same with a rear bumper and twin rear wheel carriers that i might buy from TBRUK. I'll get a quote on prices and post it on here.
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildsmith wrote:
did your chap who makes draw runners not come up with the goods Paul?

He sort of did. They do some that open to 1.2m and hold 150kgs. But they were £150 each (not a pair).

So I think if I do not find some I will end up making my own runners using roller bearings.

Paul

wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_Humphreys wrote:
He sort of did. They do some that open to 1.2m and hold 150kgs. But they were £150 each (not a pair).

Shocked That's quite spendy! Are you planning to extend the draw and jump up and down on it or something to want 150kg capacity? My two drawers can only handle 120kg between them but I think the runners were more like £50 for two pairs! They 'only' extend to 700mm though I think.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when I make them I want them to last. I do carry a lot of stuff in them. I have a plan how to make them Wink

Paul

busaboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then people........get your jealous heads on........and green eyes glowing.
Picked up the drawers and they have turned out to be mint condition African Outback as sold by TBRUK!
Trying to fit them now but need some longer bolts after stripping out the seats as i want to use the seat bracket holes rather than drilling another hole in the floor.

Now fitted

Which now also leaves me enough room to fit water tanks and some more boxes. With an extension there will be an area to put a bed on too.
busaboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be a quiet afternoon Smile
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB that looks excellent.

Just spotted your seat covers, they look awesome. Where are they from and how much Question
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
busaboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are from TJM. I bought them fromWest Coast 4x4 when i had the suspension done. I think they were about £80.
They fit well except the lower part but will sew on some extra ties as the ones on there wont go under the seat as its a funny design on the electric seats.

davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 22:52    Post subject: Lucky ********* Reply with quote

Come on Busaboy... 'fess up.... How much? Crying or Very sad
busaboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

£100  geek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: