4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

TVSS remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanners

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:03    Post subject: TVSS remote Reply with quote

Hi

Managed to get a replacement single  button TVSS remote unit for my 1993 HDJ80. I tried programming it as follows

Switch on ignition

Pressed in the recessed button on the TVSS control unit (under passenger seat) and the horn beeped twice and the tvss light on centre armrest came on.

Pressed in the white button on the new fob but reprogramming did not work.

Tried again but tvss will not go into reprogram mode a second time . Tried disconnecting battery to clear ecu but no success.

Alarm sets and doors lock with key as normal so no harm done.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance.

Martin.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 21:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

andy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of pdf files on the TVSS system, so pm me your email address and I will send them to you.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
m0jpm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this,

Turn on ignition (light on dashboard) put your seat forward, close all doors and bonnet etc. Hold in button on tvss untill light comes on, release and immediately press the button again, (this earases programmed fobs) do this 4 times as you can programme up to 4 fobs.

Then repat the programming cycle. B.T.W. have you got a good battery in the fob?

Regards Jan
elmiguel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 13:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have some troubles with my remote / fob on my 1990 HDJ80, which has a TVSS installed. Remote is one-button.

Alarm went off erratically ever since, which is why I disconnected the siren.

Next problem was that pushing the remote button didn't lock / unlock the car anymore, just made half a "locking" sound.

Then, pushing the remote button stopped to have any effect at all. Have to use the key to unlock / lock doors.

Battery is fully charged > 3V.

=> Can anyone identify the TVSS I have (see picture)
=> Does anyone have have instructions to reset / program (very) old TVSS?
=> Does anyone have a source for replacement remotes / fobs for (very) old TVSS systems?
=> Does anyone happen to have the manual for TVSS systems (probably older than IIIB? See attached photo.

Thanks for your support
Michael

Paste link in browser to view picture:
notesfromasia.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/TVSS-3.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: