Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

whats the differance

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 23:12    Post subject: whats the differance Reply with quote

hi all looking at the differant variants of lc's 3 is basic trim 4 is leather and sat nav and 5 is colour sat nav and height ajustable susension my question is what is the invincable spec compaired to the others
thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 23:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

seph234
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello i think the invincible came out about 05/55 Reg and it has all the toys etc and i think it had more power but im sure the others will let you know more.   Joe
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The invincible came out on an 06 plate I think - replaced the LC5, has a few subtle styling differences (darker headlights, darker radiator grill, dark wood trim..) and a few KW more power.
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seem to have been three invincibles:

First Edition: June 2006, 201 BHP
5-door, 8-seat Land Cruiser Invincible from June 2006 has Toyota's 3.0-litre D-4D engine and five-speed automatic transmission with more power and torque. Output increased from 164 to 201bhp (166 to 204 DINhp) and torque from 410 to 470Nm, giving stronger load-pulling and off-road driving ability and more flexible and comfortable on-road performance. 0 to 62mph down from 11.2 to 10.8 seconds. Top speed, fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions unchanged at 109mph, 31.4mpg (combined cycle) and 243g/km. Dark tinted rear privacy glass and dedicated 'Invincible' badging. Spare under the vehicle, instead of the tailgate. 500 are available, priced on-the-road at £34,565.

Second Edition: May 2007, 173 BHP
Invincible top of the range 8-seater from May 2007 has Sequoia leather seats, full-map satnav, dual zone climate control, electric heated front seats, plus rear privacy glass and DVD player with two headrest mounted screens. £38,495 (£500 more than LC5).

Third Edition: October 2007, 173 BHP
From October 2007 Invincible replaced LC5 as top of the range model. Standard specification includes Bluetooth, rear parking monitor, black wood trim inserts, a leather and wood multi-function steering wheel, privacy glass and dark-finish headlamps, grille and alloy wheels. Available with 3.0 D-4D diesel and 4.0 VVT-i petrol engines. Spec also includes 17-inch alloy wheels, full-map satellite navigation with Electronic Traffic Avoidance, Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension (TEMS), nine-speaker sound system with six-disc CD changer and dual-zone climate control with independent front and rear controls.

I found that most Toyota dealers don't seem to know the three editions.  And even saw one dealer trying to sell an LC4 to which someone has fitted tints and a power chip as an official invincible - I turned it down because it would have cost me so much extra to insure.

Some first editions didn't get registered until about Mar 2007.  You can put the license plate into the DVLA license fee site to check which you have - a 201 BHP model gives 243g and a 173 BHP model gives 238g.
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlot has it exactly right.  The early Invincibles were LC5 Invincibles with the power hike. The later ones the Invincible replaced the LC5.
NightStalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAAAANNNN I want the dark wood trim out of the invincible.... cant find anywhere who sells/fit it....

GUTTED!  Sad

Regards
Rob
Cool
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you could find one if you search the Japanese companies!
NightStalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate... I've checked on the t'net and cant find owt... well specific for the 120... all I tend to get presented with is the US Landcruiser which is not the 120 spec....

Regards
Rob
Cool
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US, its the Lexus GX470 (and has a nice big petrol motor) , but the steering wheel is the wrong side so I don't think the trim will fit.
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about this?

Says its black, and that they can do RHD?

http://cgi.e bay.com/e bay/LEXUS-GX470-2003,-2004,-2005,-2006-Wood-Dash-Trim_W0QQitemZ350267271129QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091020?IMSfp=TL0910202010006r12864e bay USA
Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 15:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

marlot wrote:
What about this?

Says its black, and that they can do RHD?

http://cgi.eblag.com/eblag/LEXUS-GX470-2003,-2004,-2005,-2006-Wood-Dash-Trim_W0QQitemZ350267271129QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20091020?IMSfp=TL0910202010006r12864eblag USA

That has to be the ugliest dash I have seen! All that "wood".
NightStalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

pale
marlot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a recommendation - just a demonstration that you can find kits by searching for a gx470.  The one I posted was the first one that google brought up.  If you want a different one find it yourself!
NightStalker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

The  pale  wasnt aimed at hour helpfulness Marlot... just the fact that there are people out there who do such things to their cars.... guess its just a matter of taste and if we all had the same taste in the world then I presume it's safe to say that the world would be a boooooring place...

Anywho, thanks for the advice on looking for a lexus interior trim, I've always looked either for Prado or Landcruiser and landcruiser 120 wood effect trim and funny enough never found what I'm looking for...

So you say the LEXUS GX470 is the US equivilant of our LC 120(ish)?

regards
Rob
Cool
NightStalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gutted....

Ive contacted various US companies on the web and none of them do the kit for RHD cars...

So if anyone else out there were to find out of a place that does... PLEAAASE let us know....

Regards
Rob
Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: