NFU Mutual - click to link

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

SureTerm Direct Modified and Greenlaning cover included

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon, yes, I thought that as I wrote it; it's been a tough week. I haven't the time to post the full conversation that I had with them. They were clear that they would not only cover damage but recovery too. I have had the discussion with them and they cover me for off roading and greenlaning.  I can't post the quote on here so you will just have trust me. I wasn't suggesting that they covered wear and tear. I was telling you that they covered breakage of 4x4 bits as part of vehicle damage in an accident. Clumsily maybe, but please don't be so obtuse. I was illustrating the point that THEY understood what the cover meant and that it matched what I want. If they are prepared to offer recovery for an activity that they would not insure for, I would be very surprised. I put a range of scenarios to them and they satisfied my questions.

I truly appreciate your cautionary notes, but I am not daft. If you saw my vehicle I think that would probably appreciate the fact that I am not remotely interested in the insurance of the vehicle, but my concern is for other road users and remaining 'legal'. If I total Lil Blue off road, that is a cost that I have to bear myself. The insurers would write it off without a doubt. If I could buy the wreck I would be happy enough. But along with the premium I get cheaper recovery than I can get elsewhere and that is particularly useful.

Chris
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 23:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

tlocuk
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Chris Wink

Please appreciate - I'm not "challenging you for the sake of it" ... just taking the opportunity to caution - if something sounds too good to be true, it very well may be - check (and double check!) the small print VERY carefully Wink

Simon thumbright

Landcrusher
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, Simon. I appreciate that. Had a really tough day with my Directors yesterday. I should have probably given the forum a miss last night. Simple fact for me is that I wanted standard on-road insurance that would not be voided by having modified my vehicle heavily. All the other stuff is really just a side issue. The Guys at Flux were really very helpful and I got a good deal on what I needed.

C
PtP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to the NEC today to a big car show they had on (I forget what it's called) and I was collared by one of the pretty young ladies Laughing  who worked for SureTerm and their quote was a lot cheaper at £149 F/C Shocked  for my Jeep against £260ish with Adrian Flux. I don't think I'll be changing though.

AF are definitely one of the preferred insurance providers in the world of modified Jeeps. They don't load the premiums for most modifications, you just have to list them on their paperwork they send you, but as already mentioned by someone else, if you notify them of a modification at any other time other than renewal, they will/might charge you a £25 admin fee. Their policy seems to cover all eventualities including off-road use.

They also provide Flux Rescue which is a Pan-European breakdown and recovery service which includes a whole load of other benefits and well worth the £42pa. You can only buy this though if you buy their vehicle insurance cover.

If anyone wants to see the policy documents before they buy, I can copy the relevant parts and post them on here.

My wife insures the LC with Sheilas' Wheels as it was the cheapest for just regular use.
ignat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I decided to go ahead with a policy from this SureTerm Direct crowd.

I will give some feedback:  I've cancelled my policy with them!!

They sent the policy documents to the wrong address.
Then after chasing them they AGAIN sent documents to incorrect address.

I finally got the documents and the annual mileage was incorrectly listed.
I then realised they were incompetent, so asked them to confirm things I asked on initial call, and they said "Oh, based on that, we will not be able to cover you"...

I went for them purely because they were HUNDREDS of pounds cheaper than my current insurer.   Policy cancelled.

Rolling Eyes

ignat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting some feedback after cancelling my policy with SureTerm.

I have been trying (in vain) to get my £50 'admin fee' returned. Given up. The £50 is just not worth the headache. Rolling Eyes

Staff have been rude and unhelpful. Calls promised are never made. Letters promised are never received... And the source of complaint has been down to some staff not knowing their a*se from their elbow.  

Oh well.

Oh yes, forgot to mention in previous posts:  On their website it says "Greenlaning Covered"  Well when i was given a quote they said over the phone "this particular policy specifically excludes greenlaning".  So check the details with a fine-tooth comb folks. But when dealing with insurers, I'm sure you do already  Wink

you have been warned  ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Landcruiser, Amazon, VX, Colorado and Prado insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: