Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

invincable 07 - shall i or shall i not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robbness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 14:00    Post subject: invincable 07 - shall i or shall i not Reply with quote

hi guys
just been and seen a invincable 07 33k in silver privacy glass full toy histroy for 23k
is there any thing i need to aware of i have requested a major service and a new set of tyres
your thoughts would be greatfully recieved Laughing  Wink  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 14:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like an Invincible. Can't comment on the price but it seems realistic. Go for it. I have the slightly older LC5 and it's a great machine. I suggest you insist on a 2009 sat nav DVD as it will probably only have the delivered 2007 one. Any LC that new will have pretty much any gremlins sorted and you will have remainder of Toyo 3 year warranty.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said ....

Just check everything works

Suspension up / down (rear only - front doesn't lift)
Centre Diff locks
Seats heat
mirrors retract
sunroof works properly
satnav disk current
CD magazine present in player
air filter clean
cabin air filter clean - hard to check, but put on aircon and check for musty smells - if absent should be ok
Aircon works!!  make sure you check this
Excessive noise from engine when cold (and they are a bit rattly)
excessive smoke on start up
alignment ok - let go steering, shouldn't wander dramatically if road flat
brakes good - should have new caliper seal design, but check braking
check bash plates under body, and side steps, for evidence of being trashed
there will be surface rust underneath - check it's not too bad
no obvious oil / grease leaks
check to see if there's a slight thump from the back on stopping - if there is, complain bitterly about a faulty diff (it probably isn't by complain anyway) - feels as though a bicycle has gone into the back of the vehicle when you stop...

May be worth scanning through this thread:

buying advice

Good luck!  Seems to be a pretty good price, I guess.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 120 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: