4x4 Mart magazine discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

alarm system in 80 series,,help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lift man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27    Post subject: alarm system in 80 series,,help. Reply with quote

anyone have any idea why the indicators wont flash when arming and disarming the alarm system..the remote central locking works and the horn sounds when activated.
there is also no bleep when activating
here is a few pics of the system fitted.
all wires seem intact,,there is only one button on the remotes,,other models seem to have two ??

Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Pugwash

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's the same alarm i have and my lights/horn don't make any noise to prove that the system is armed-its very annoying

Does anyone konw of a source of replaecment alarm fobs? my one broke from the keyring and it would a huge help if i could stop using the key in the drivers door!
lift man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

seams a lot of wires just to work the central locking,anyone else got this system fitted.???
andy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same system on my 80 before I sold it, the horn did not sound but the indicators flashed when arming and disarming, did have a book on how it works but the new owner now has it.

Pugwash.
The fobs do come up on e bay now and again, I had the same problem as you where the plastic had worn away in the centre, so I got some plastic pipe and forced it over the two stubs that were still showing, it did work and hold the fob on my key ring as long ad it was not pulled too hard.
Mercedes Sprinter 311 Luton
1993 VX80 4.2td SOLD
1996 Hilux Surf SSR-G Intercooler Sold
1994 Hilux Surf SSR-V Sold
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

My alarm system is not the same as yours but the extra wires are for sensing if the sunroof and windows are shut.
Mine wont arm if the car isn't completely closed up.

I need a new two button fob so keep us posted if you find cheapish ones.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i need new key fob aswel... keep us posted Wink
cheers
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do people think of theese http://cgi.e bay.com/e bay/NEW-1991-1992-1993-1994-TOYOTA-LANDCRUISER-KEY-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ250528928545QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a54b01321
Ecky Thump
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supercruiser80 wrote:
what do people think of theese http://cgi.eblag.com/eblag/NEW-1991-1992-1993-1994-TOYOTA-LANDCRUISER-KEY-REMOTE_W0QQitemZ250528928545QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a54b01321

At that price it's worth a shot....I guess they export to the UK but it might make them a lot more expensive.
1997 auto petrol 80 (for Er'in'doors)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: