2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New 150 series

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was an Invincible. She just used the LC5 term. Doesn't exist anymore. Invincible is effectively the LC5.

Let us know how you get on.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found a reason to buy a 150 - it has a trip computer  Twisted Evil  Laughing  Laughing
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's quite a bit of coverage of the 150 in 4x4 Australia magazine and it sounds like a good truck from reading that. Better ground clearance and articulation than a 120, smarter traction control and better fuel economy seem to be the main points.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will pick mine up this week, just sorting out some ATs for it. Looking for a more road bias one, found some Bridgestone D694s that look pretty good. The standard size is 265 60 18, but any AT i have found, are 265 65 18, about an inch bigger in diameter.Should fit fine. Dont want anything to aggressive as i want to try to keep the great fuel economy.
Good to know the aussies like it, following what Toyota usually do,each model generally improves, and it was tested thru the outback so must be tough enough.
Any thoughts on tyres greatly appreciated.
Cheers,Tony.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit puzzled about the better ground-clearance - it went from 220mm clearance down to 215mm clearance - not a lot, granted, but certainly in the other direction from 'better'.  Wonder if they meant approach / break-over / departure angles, which I think are slightly improved - will go check tonight  Confused
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the case Gary, or it might depend which variant the specs are for as they might have different size tyres or ride heights I suppose. The magazine has articles and tests on a GXL and Kakadu models and a large percentage of the coverage is mixed in with part of a group test with some LR's as well (D4 & RR sport) which it lost out to in road manners but was judged as much better than in the bush. A summary table at the end it says ground clearance 220mm.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing It's all academic anyway, I couldn't afford one, and now that I've gone and cut huge holes in mine, I'm going to keep it  Laughing

OFF-TOPIC ...

BTW, Jon - please read the post on the 120 list re 'Just bought a LC4, couple questions' - need your views on ATRAC vs Locked Diffs ...
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snow has gone,so i got it out of the garage. Clocked up 200 miles, and all very good. Great to drive, its the LC4, lots of toys to get to know,but hopefully they will continue to work!
Another nice surprise its the tax has halved to £200,and fuel economy has certainly improved.
Biggest pain in bum and only complaint is the 18" wheels,as there is only one AT available,and thats a BFG,in 265 65 18. Easily overcome with 17" alloys off the LC3.Just dont want to buy them! Will see how it goes for now,will leave it a week or two to get dirty before heading into the wood for a play!! Smile
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Tony!! Many happy miles!!

Now - some pics please  Laughing
TonyS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,Gary.
Struggle to get pics on here,but will try. Confused
Crispin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I want a new toy Sad
dypcdiver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have now had my 150 or what ever it is called for a week and what a difference there is between the 90(Colorado) I had for 13 years. I am impressed, I think the best word to describe it is "refined".
Mine is the 3 door 6 speed manual VXL so has the Nav system and regrettably leather seats (not good here in Spain)

Engine is much livelier, although from the outside seems a little noisier, performance has improved a lot. (204bhp kit due out in March)
6 speed box is a pleasure, it has become lighter and quicker to use and without any of the baulking that the 90 had, I'm just taking a while to get used to the position of reverse!! The rear axle I belive is a LSD and the High Low ratios lever has turned into a rotorary switch.
Suspension, although very similar to the 90 does not cause any bumps or thumps to be transmitted to the interior, Sleeping policemen don't cause me to cringe now, body roll has been reduced and general road holding is much improved.
Sound proofing is better 120kph is almost silent and much more like 80kph in the 90, although the rain we've been having has been noticeable in the rear of the car as a hissing from the rear wheel arches.
I still think it is a bit ugly but I'm getting used to it. Far too many electronics for my liking.

The down side is, the owners manual is 848 pages, the Nav sys manual 421 pages and the Off road driving is 168 pages. Now before you start to think that these are multi-lingual, they are not.
The in-car storage has been reduced which is a pain, I might have to find some boxes to go under the bonnet as there seem to be 2 areas vacant, obviously were the second battery should be and another on the bulkhead side of the air filter.
elog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 13:35    Post subject: Re: New 150 series Reply with quote

And I heard or read a rumour that a V6 diesel will be available.
quote from Nuclear Chicken

Relative newbie hear, have been keeping an eye on the forum since joining a week or two back. Reason is that I am giving some serious thought, to buying a 150. Yes I hear some saying thats a lot of cash  Rolling Eyes , oh yes hence the reason for my brain power and all this thinking. Before I jump  Confused

I am wondering if anyone has any info. on the comment made by NC reference V6 diesel. Is there any sign of a V6 diesel arriving at all. Seems like a possibility, as most of the comp have one now.

BTW, really impressed with the forum great way to info share, I have enjoyed everyone's comments and the discussion, this thread on the 150 is a case in point.

Really welcome all comments.
aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome elog
Nuclear Chicken
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Toyota UK a call. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: