Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New 150 series

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, have just done so. They say, no plans to install a V6 diesel into the LC.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they would, wouldn't they  Wink  Laughing   I mean they want to sell the things ...

Shall we start a book on this  Wink

Facelift version at year-end will introduce it! (Starter for £5)  Laughing
elog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I am sure you may well be correct, was hoping that someone maybe had the inside track on the forum. Do they normally do face lifts that soon after a new model has been released.

BTW I spoke with Craig A at Border today, am going down to see him tomorrow for an initial look see and run about etc. Sent your regards, he returns his.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that - no I suspect the facelift will be a while yet - probably end-2012.  But there was a post here somewhere about a power increase in March sometime?

I've always found that the dealers seldom know about model line-up changes much before anyone else, and if they do, it's embargoed anyway ...

Have fun - and let me know when you want to go for a pedal in the 120 ...
elog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew, that was an easy way to get a £5  Laughing (only kidding)

Thanks for the invite and heads up on poss changes in March.
If you do not mind can you maybe PM me with suggested best dates, times and location that suit you toward the end of the month if poss, as yes please I would really like to come for a pedal and look see.
aroscow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone took a peak at whats on offer in Japan - they normally get the new stuff early on.
blobrob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this is the prado bit of the site, does someone speak Japanese? google translate doesn't seem to like it for some reason

97 HDJ80 Manual, Safari snorkel, 33" BFG AT, Wildsmith sliders, lift coming soon... to find out if I got that lift or made it Mongolia use a search engine Wink
TonyS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the new engine is quite an improvement on the 120. Much smoother, seems quicker, better fuel economy, and better emissions,hence the car tax has halved. Think a V6 will put it back up again,so might be a while.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the car tax on it now, Tony?
TonyS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice surprise when I picked it up, £200!! Very Happy

150 Cruiser. Standard!!
dannyson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a 150 series bit on the forum ... looked around one in the flesh today - and looked better than in a photo.  Picked up a brochure and with a few Toyota accessories would look pretty smart I reckon - with side mouldings, driving lamps maybe etc, etc - a lot more accessories available from mr T for the 150 it seems.... but no 'extended front bumper guard thingy' as shown in the above photo - which looks a bit OTT to me anyway.

Still - will have to wait until my 120 reaches the end of its WD 9 year warranty - 2yrs 8mths to go and then look for a 1/2 year old is my plan - what with the current potential engine problems with the 120 and the nonsense with brakes and gas pedals on other models in the toyota range - I may change my mind and go for the 'best 4x4 by far'  Rolling Eyes  - the LR Disco.  Wink
AJS4X4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went our local Toyota main dealer just befor Xmas to buy a new LC4 and as we already had a 03 LC5 which has served us 100% in 84,000 miles.

Wife started looking around it and then came to the rear door, great idea we both thought, then opened it and looked at the raised height of the boot floor to stow the rear seats, well that stuffed it for us, the dog boxes don't fit and the thought of all the *beep* falling in the mech of the seats put her off.

Then she spotted an 09 Invinsible with low miles on it, job done.

Would be nice to see a more comercial model, maybe available in N.I.

Andy.
TonyS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly had same problem with dog box. Fortunately ours fitted,just, and i put a rubber mat in first that protects floor and rear bumper for when they jump in.

150 Cruiser. Standard!!
elog

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking very seriously at the 150, a complete change for me from my current estate. As we also have two large dogs it could be an issue, however the standard 150 LC3 does not have the raised floor issue as there is only an option of 3rd row seats. Would that not fit the bill, or is it missing too many goodies, to make it worth while.
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their is a dog guard (full height) & optional divider available as an accessory ..... but this does give the dog access to the side of the car to chew on.... Confused   or maybe a slightly smaller crate would be OK rather than going down the grade and losing all the trickery.. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: