Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

New 150 series

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dog box is quite big,fits a lab and a shepherd,got it made for our 120,and it just goes into the 150.
Goodie wise the LC4 has lots, far more than the 120 lc5 or invincible.

150 Cruiser. Standard!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 19:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tyres does it come with TonyS - usual Grandtreks?.......
TonyS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, unfortunately they are 265 60 18s,and i can only find BFG ATs in a 265 65 18,and nothing else. The LC3 has 17" so more options.
Love the truck though,cant fault it at all apart from that.

150 Cruiser. Standard!!
AJS4X4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either drop down to 255/60x18, General AT2 available in this size or as you say 265/65x18 BFGoodrich AT KO, but this has not yet been tried by us.

Andy.
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of interest I'm hearing more rumours of a V6 D-4D being tested currently in Oz, due for release this year.  That, if it's real, should be something  Laughing
AJS4X4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think a V6 diesel would be a good way foward, the Disco 4 V6 diesel is quite a nice engine and goes well, so if Toyota develop one it's going to be better built and reliable.  Laughing

Andy.
elog

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,
Very interesting news, I have some time in hand before changing, so can aford to wait and keep an eye on the offerings in case it comes to fruition. BTW, my current car has a V6 Common Rail system and comes in with a slightly lower CO2 emission rating than the 150. So hopefully if Mr T comes up with a V6 for the 150 he will also be able to keep his emissions low, help keep the road tax sensible  Cool
Cyland101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw one of these on Friday at the dealer (LC4) and I must say I do like the look of the 150. The interior is defo nicer that the 120 (well in my opinion) however I do think they are targeting the Chelsea tracktor market a lot more.

The one addition that I did like was the 220V socket in the boot space... only issue with it is that is is the Euorpean plug type.
TonyS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out in Australia now, just been to a 4x4 event in Victoria. Ironman have produced full bar work for the 150,had it on their stand, ARB and TJM will have theirs out in April. Not a chelsea tractor over here. Potentially more improved for overlanding/off roading (aussies opinion), but yes,certainly more comfortable,and i guess a new model is always going to get improvements.

150 Cruiser. Standard!!
AB-UK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and in truth I am not a Landcruiser owner - yet!
I am seriously considering an LC4 as a replacement for my Volco XC90.

I have a question about the load area seperator - the grid which protects the passenger area from stuff flying into it from the boot.
In my Volvo, the heavy duty load seperator can be attached and taken out again in minutes.
It slots into receivers on the side of the car at the top, and latches onto the cargo brackets on the floor, literally a two-minute job.
The equivalent protection for the LC seems to be more permanent, or am I mistaken?

I fit this barrier whenever we go scuba diving, as it would keep the air cylinders in the load area in the event of an accident, but most of the time I leave it in the garage.

Can the Toyota barrier also be fitted and demounted easily?javascript:emoticon('Question')
Alfaguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the new Landcruiser mainly because I see it as very much unprotected at the sides compared to my current LC 120. Apart from protection the plastic panels gave the LC 120 a fantastic rugged look making it one of the ultimate boys toys.

I only take mine off road once every few years (the last time it sunk in mud) so I viewed the side protection as mainly preventing dings from other vehicles in the car park. I see many new Lc 120's on the road around here too - perhaps many feel the same way as me about the new 150.
Michael M

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just realised it's coming up on 3 years since my last post Sad .

At that time I was thinking of buying a 150 Series. Alas, I didn't, but bought a Range Rover Sport V8 Diesel. It had everthing on it,  withloads of grunt, but not very practical.  I kept it a year and sold it. Since the I've been driving my Trooper, but sadly the engine is about goosed, so I have finally retired it.

Very fortunately, my neighbour who was emigrating to Australia, was selling his 2009 LC 4 with only 23000miles on it, so I snapped it up.

It's a brilliant vehicle. Wink
dannyson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 series I presume....?
14all_and_all41

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, just thought I'd add I've just bought a 2011 150 series, LC5, 60th anniversary model, bit of an impulse buy after trying one in my local garage in Aberdeen (LC4) this week end,  then spotting this 1 in Exeter of all places, so a bit of a drive ahead but no problems, I'd didn't know they did an anniversary model so grabbed it.

I tried the 200 series also on the same day, but it is an absolute monster, is very nice, but at 3350kg kerb weight, is to heavy for my 4 poster ramp, mind you this 150 series is no light weight either @ 2990kg.

Any case just thought I'd add to the post, looking forward to getting my hand on it this week, the spec of it just goes on and on, with initial indications leaps ahead of my 120, and so it should be!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 150 Series / Prado Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: