4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Decent deal for carputer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump ...

I'm quite keen on this unit running off my notebook (which has an HDMI out)

Lilliput HDMI 8"

Anyone see any obvious drawbacks?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 14:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Crispin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking monitor. I wish they would bring one out with no buttons on the front though.
Anyway, I have read in a few places that lilliput have problems with build quality and reliability. In fairness, if you read each post in the 120 forum, you would stay away from Landcruiser Smile

One thing that might be a problem is the brightness. Mine is 350cd/m2, this one is 250. Not sure what 100cd/m2 difference is like though but I do know I would have liked mine a bit brighter.

No mention of any sort of anti-glare properties. Again, I have issues with glare (when the sun shines Neutral )

HDMI has no advantage for you though other than a thinner cable unless you watching a HD movie.
You would have 3 cables hanging out the back of it if you used HDMI. The combo cable that comes on the lin-itx one is easier as it is all in one. The lilliput has HDMI + combo + power.

Is cheap though Smile
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm - OK - thought so.  The search, she continues.

Cheers, Crispin.
Crispin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit though, with the latest drivers mine has been behaving. I don't have any of the "refusing to work" issues.
The last problem is the bezel pinching the screen but that has all but gone away since slackening off the the screws behind the affected area.

the market seems to be limited to lilliput and the linitx ones with a few others in between.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: