Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

120 series sliders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 0:13    Post subject: 120 series sliders Reply with quote

Well Gary finaly has his sliders so now he will definately need to upgrade his suspension  Laughing  I thought I'd taken more WIP photo's but I guess not and the fitting ones I took today turned out badly because the camera had come off auto so decent photos will have to wait till Gary has chance to take some.

A length of 150mmx6mm flat on it's way to the cutting bench that I thought you might be interested to see how bendy it is with not really a lot of force applied (gravity and it's own length):

Made some legs. The 120 chassis doesn't run quite parallel to the body, it tapers in towards the front, so the rear leg is square on but the front leg is angled slightly. Legs and jacks in place ready to offer up the main box section:

Main box section resting in place so I can double check the leg positions and length:

Drivers side slider just waiting for some chequer plate. The foot plates are 150mmx6mm flat, the box section is 100mmx50mmx5mm and the tube is 50.8mmx3mm:

Keeping good company  Laughing

Drivers side resting in place, not sure about a caption  Laughing

ooh look someone painted it:

Think he missed a bit this side:

We did a bit more in the fading light like trimming the front mud flaps to make a cap for the flares. Hopefully Gary got back safe and will post some proper pics tomorrow.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP

Last edited by wildsmith on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26; edited 2 times in total
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 0:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Crispin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look very nice Smile Stronger than the current ones...

Is the mounting bolts over or through the chassis onto another plate?
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crispin wrote:
Those look very nice Smile Stronger than the current ones...

Is the mounting bolts over or through the chassis onto another plate?

Over and under, same mounting method as I usually use. There are 3 50mmx6mm straps for each leg with 8.8 HT bolts holding it together. There wouldn't be quite enough room to do that on the rear mounts without the body lift. The passenger side rear would be the biggest challenge to secure solidy going through the chassis because the fuel tank is in the way but because that's not the way I was building these I couldn't say how I would get round that.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got home eventually through some really serious fog - and today we're entirely fog-bound, so no pics yet!  The good news, Jon, is that SWAMBO couldn't give a hoot aabout the mud flaps being cut down - she thinks the whole thing is 'very professional'!

I'm still chuffed and seriously impressed.  And yes, your garage IS a Tardis  Laughing

Post pics when I get a chance to take some decent ones...
whelo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy new year guys the sliders look great how much would you charge to make me a set
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

whelo wrote:
happy new year guys the sliders look great how much would you charge to make me a set

They were a one off and not part of a commercial venture to build sliders for 120's, sorry, tried that for 80's and it's not viable. Gary had to go without his truck for a fortnight as well as giving me his x-mas bonus  Laughing  That particular design would only work on a truck with a 40mm body lift and some minor trimming here and there but I have the dimensions I used here somewhere if anyone wants them to work from.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
whelo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great if you could post the measurements of them
fast but dim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got some sliders on my defender, worth every penny imho, you drastically reduce the chance of minor panel damage, and giving you more confidence off road

i've just bought a 120, and shall be getting some made up. i'd be interested in the measurements!

ps, nice work, very overengineered.
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just need to find time to do a drawing to put the measurements on.

93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

So - got to take some pics for Jon on this lot - don't worry about the rust and mud and grit - haven't had a chance to brush it off and re-paint.  I'll get round to that next weekend I hope.  In the meantime a selection of pics showing the mounts / gusseting, hi-lift jack points etc.  Enjoy ...

This is what prompted this all:

gilghana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lekker - now let us see them all painted!
garystockton
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja, well, was going to do that on Sunday after I got back from graft, but it blerry well snowed again, didn't it??  That was the end of that.  We'll see what this weekend brings ...
Erestor
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

What size tube did you guys use for the jacking points at either end?

'96 LWB Colorado GX 3.0 TD
 - CB Radio; VX Accessory Meter pod; Battery Isolating & Split Charge System; 2x Optima YT S 4.2 Batteries; 265/75/16 BFG A/Ts; 30mm Wheel Spacers; Impreza WRX front seats; reconditioned engine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: