2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

T max winch fitting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
busaboy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 22:06    Post subject: T max winch fitting Reply with quote

Well finally managed to squeeze the reinforcing plate inside the winch bumper but as the design means the winch has to be mounted forward i have to rotate the gearbox 90 degrees so the in/out lever is on the top. Can't seem to get the body free without stripping the gearbox, any advice before i take the whole thing to peices?

Forgot to add, it's a T-max 12500 outback
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 22:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

busaboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 16:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the winch is in  Cool

Took some severe jiggling about and in the end had to break down the winch into gearbox, drum, motor and cable and reassemble inside the bumper, not the easiest of fittings as the winch (T-Max) and winch bumper (TJM T-15 with plate) are not a good match but do go together. I think its all down to the fact that the reason i chose this bumper was that it sits close to the body for aproach angles etc, but makes it a *beep* to fit.

Just need to find something to winch now  Twisted Evil
wildsmith
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they've changed the design of the bumpers a bit since I had a T15 then because the milemarker winch just lifted up into place no problem. Would it be easier to bolt the winch to the dis-mounted bumper and then put the whole lot on in one go? Had my T3 off on boxing day for some trimming and there's no way you can fit the winch with the bumper in place but the winch goes on a big plate between the chassis rails not the bumper.

01 UZJ100 lifted (AHC & 40mm BL), ARB locked f&r, cryo'd 4.88's, TJM front bumper, 12k goldfish, sliders, rack, snorkel, 35's, storage, aux power etc.
93 HDJ80 sold
94 HDJ80 RIP
busaboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was just the bumper with out the plate it may have worked, it has an extra thick brace along the bottom that just catches and the hole for the engage lever is quite far back and stops it going in. I was advised to cut the back off the hole to allow the lever to pass but i would rather struggle a little than cut bits out. I had the bumper off last weekend to fit the plate at work with a telehandler as i dont want to risk lifting stuff with a fragile back  Sad Didn't fit it then as i had rotate the gearbox and it doesn't turn 90 degrees i wanted confirmation from T-max first.
On the winch itself i think the surround around the drum is a bit larger than normal as this is what fouls the bumper, the mountings are spot on. Its all very snug but does go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: