Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Scorpion T5000 alarm/immobiliser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58    Post subject: Scorpion T5000 alarm/immobiliser Reply with quote

Tried several "remedies" that have been offered, still will not function. Asked main dealer for wiring diagram without success "put it on transporter and bring it to us and well have a look" the fact that spares are not available was not even considered.
Please has someone got a wiring diagram for this system as fitted to a 96  4.2 TDI 24 valve VX    Many thanks Ron
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Frank Rabbets

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron
Sorry you have no luck.
I suspest if you peel back the insulation tape to the wiring harness the wires to the alarm may separate out as the alarm was fitted after completion of the wiring harness. This may enable you to work out where it was spliced in, if no original wires were removed.
If you google "land cruiser 1996 wiring harness" this gives you a site selling same. But no guarantee that it will show the alarm wiring. Write to Toyota UK Head Office. They reply to my queries but not email.
We have many alarm installers here who would make short work of such a job. I'm glad I don't live in Amanford where my family comes from!!
Frank
mcmoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had trouble with mine in the past when i disconnected both batteries and also when i did the pin 7 mod. disconnecting the earths and then reconnecting set the alarm to arm mode. i am unsure of having an immobiliser but have always assumed it to be part of the system. luckily at the time my fob worked when i put a new battery in it but has since gone kaput.
anyway, i did find an earth strap in the drivers footwell just in front of the door pillar, which when removed did turn off the led and seemed to disarm the alarm. at the time i didn't take much notice but am sure that is where the alarm ecu is. i couldn't say that if you remove this earth that it does disarm it to allow starting, but worth a try.
one thing to note though is my fobs, one  with a toyota emblem and one a scorpion dont have a slider on the side but with 18yrs history new fobs is a possibility, but i beleive mine is the t5000.
i've now organised to have mine removed week after next so will post more then.
regards, Tom.
Dusty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have access to the  t5000 instalation instructions. That way it would be easier to install a new system using the existing wiring.
Dusty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have jusy found this.

I dont know if it applies to the LC80 instalations but it might be helpfull!

RAV4 1995 Scorpion T5000 Alarm unit T918 removal.

1. Located the Alarm unit 918T (grey box with an S on it) under the dash, possible behind the glovebox.
2. Remove 3 retaining tie raps holding three side entry plugs.
3. Remove the 15 way plug.
4. Cut from pin 12 Violet and pin 13 Red/Yellow wires.
5. Remove enough insulation to twist and short together.
6. Test that the motor now starts.
7. Remove remaining plugs from this unit and discard.
8. The above method will render the Central door lock fob inoperative.
9. Note: - On the 15 way plug pins 6; 9; 14 and 15 are blank.
10. Make sure the twisted pair joint is secure, i.e. won’t come apart.
11. This leaves the toyota immobiliser still working as its a seperate unit. The key fob is scorpion and therefore will no longer work as the unit is removed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Alarms, immobilisers and key fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: