Milner Off-Road

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

200 Series section (new shape)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pje92

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 21:27    Post subject: 200 Series section (new shape) Reply with quote

Hello, probably the wrong place to start this but can the site owners please start a section for the new shape Landcruiser.

Just sold an old 98 Amazon 100 and presented the wife with a 08 v8 new shape, chalk and cheese, well chuffed.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Ilyak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 18:38    Post subject: Snap Reply with quote

Just got a 2008 5.7l lc200 and haven't quite sold my 98 Amazon VX.  We drove both the other day and having liked the 100 my partner and kids think the 200 is really impressive. With the 5.7l 0-60 is about 7 seconds and it feels great round a field with the coil suspension.  I'm looking at sorting suspension and torque converter lockup so it is a bit more efficient, a bit more to run than 4.7l lpg Amazon!
Brian the Sn@il

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I have Just sold my Amazon V8  and am looking into my next luxury 4x4

I have test drove a Merc GL500  which was fantastic (V8 Petrol)

I haven't driven a series 200 V8 Diesel, and I'm really concerned that they are a slouch when launching from standstill ?
My V8 Petrol Amazon was simply a rocket, instant power as soon as the Throttle was pushed to the floor.

Is V8 Diesel the same ?
lometun

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 21:14    Post subject: Amazon v8 vs 200 Diesel v8 Reply with quote

I purchased the Amazon v8 petrol when they first come out in 1999 and although it was ok I never thought of it as a great engine and not all that powerful + very thirsty.
I then purchased a 2002 Amazon 4.2 Diesel that was a great engine let down by the poor choice of a 4 speed auto gearbox.
I then purchased a new 2007 Amazon and thought this was a great engine and gearbox combo, a truly great car that was good on fuel and a much better vehicle than the v8 petrol in my view.
I now have a new 2014 200 v8 diesel that is much better than the v8 petrol and performance is excellent for such a heavy car, but you should try and test one to see if it suits your needs if performance is important to you.
Out of the 7 Land cruisers I have purchased to date, the 2007 Amazon was the best all rounder in my view, based on the cost to buy, mpg, performance, reliability, easy to drive, fun factor, overall cost of ownership.
In a contest between the v8 petrol vs the v8 diesel, I think you will find the Diesel to be miles ahead in every respect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 200 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: