Atlas Overland Adventure Tours

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joinerman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 22:08    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Iv'e got one of these in my 80.

My question is is there a gismo that i can plug into my laptop ( a memory stick ) i presume then somehow play it in the car if that all makes sense
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 22:08    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest would be to use a tape adapter: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31WRDAD99TL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
You could also use a FM transmitter.

The best option would be to look in the 120 section about the CD changer adapter. Get one along those lines for the best quality. The former two choices do not offer very good quality...
davey b
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you use an MP3 player device into the CD in port?

Or just update the whole thing. £115 from Halfwits got me a single DIN Bluetooth CD tuner with USB port, external in, 4x50w internal and 3x RCA outs to external amps, controls for USB memory and sub woofer.  Not just a no name, it's a Pioneer. I've fitted a tray beneath and modded a cup holder to fit.
RADIOTWO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:38    Post subject: Re: Help Reply with quote

joinerman wrote:
Iv'e got one of these in my 80.

My question is is there a gismo that i can plug into my laptop ( a memory stick ) i presume then somehow play it in the car if that all makes sense

Hi joinerman

I have just bought on of these:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Memory-Modulator-Supports-Control/dp/B000S2KG7C/ref=pd_cp_ce_1_img

Not bad for the price!

Radiotwo
joinerman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya radiotwo,

Does it work ok ?
Jimbo4x4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

davey b wrote:
Could you use an MP3 player device into the CD in port?

Or just update the whole thing. £115 from Halfwits got me a single DIN Bluetooth CD tuner with USB port, external in, 4x50w internal and 3x RCA outs to external amps, controls for USB memory and sub woofer.  Not just a no name, it's a Pioneer. I've fitted a tray beneath and modded a cup holder to fit.

I have exactly the same setup, Pioneer again. I loves it Smile

With great power comes great responsibility. That's why I have a 2.4!
Gavlad
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought one of these from Halfords & hope to fit it tomorrow with a buddies assistance...  It'll be like turning the clock back 10 years when we were fitting 'stezzas' these on a regular basis - hpe we still have the knack...

Sony MEX-BT3700U

Have spent ages wrangling about what to do.  Having just enetered the 20th century with an iPod, it'd be a shame not to be able to use it & as MUX hasn't had a properly functioning stezza since we got together, it seemed like a good idea.  I use the phone on the way home from work quite a bit so wanted that feature...

They have a dual DIN Kenwood with sat nav etc all built in but wowza - quanta costa???

Will ley y'all know what this things like...

Ciao
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: