2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

BJ40's from Australia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruzerboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:56    Post subject: BJ40's from Australia Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. Since I am a Brit (from Hereford) I felt it my duty to join and help (if I could) spread the use of my favourite vehicle into the UK if possible. I've been based in Aus/NZ for over ten years, and have owned 4 BJ's (all 1981's), 2 80's and a raft of 60, 70 and 80 models with work. I am (admittedly) obsessed with the 40 series diesel ("road tractors") and I have just bought (the other day) a vgc '81 BJ diesel. The interior is mint and the outside has a few freckles, a saggy back-side and the original split rims. I will restore and probably bring this gem to the UK. I am thinking of sending a few more in the future if anyone is interested.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure there'll be interest in trucks have you considered shipping parts over?
Cruzerboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:52    Post subject: Cruzer parts Reply with quote

I'm prepared to put the effort into filling a container with probably enough body, mechanical and other parts to build, say 10 SWB 1976-1982 era cruisers, based on a good idea of what the market is prepared to pay for it. I'll ship it to the UK, and guarantee a minimum part quality - ie minimal rust, working motors, etc etc etc. Perhaps you know of some one wanting to start a restoration business?
Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a pm
Cruzerboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:55    Post subject: cruzers in Oz Reply with quote

Sorry could you rephrase Darren?
Cruzerboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, ta.
Hilux Darren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 17:51    Post subject: Re: cruzers in Oz Reply with quote

Cruzerboy wrote:
Sorry could you rephrase Darren?

Private Message  Very Happy
spackrackman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am certainly interested, I have been speaking with a south african guy on IH8mud that has shipped a few containers back. He says you can fit 3 in a 40ft without the bumpers. I have been toying with the idea of buying three over a period, storing them out there and then going over to organise the actual shipping/loading.  Send me a PM if you want to have a chat.  I have three already, only one complete and I shipped that back from OZ a couple of years ago on a RORO.  near perfect condition for less than 3k.

Very interested. Damn good plan
Jonnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> 40 Series Technical Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: