2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Xtrons touchscreen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 21:19    Post subject: Xtrons touchscreen Reply with quote

Anybody have any experince with these- http://xtrons.com/doce/productdetail.aspx?pid=43
for under 200quid they coulnt be too bad sureley... thinkin of takin a chance on 1!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 21:19    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does not offer you much though? No satnav? Not much point of a double din touch screen if it is only a radio. (IMO anyway Sad )

Would also like to see how it fits. Many of them sit very proud of the dash.
Scubadec
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

They definatley look the part!
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

wel done crispin..i didn even notice it didn have satna... im lookin at so many!!! the sat navs prob shite onthe cheaper ones anyway... or are they good?? yeah looks the part better than the blank space anyway:)
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this what you have suvsteve? http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-TV-Bluetooth-iPod-RDS_W0QQitemZ170435541669QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET?hash=item27aebffaa5
Crispin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supercruiser80 wrote:
is this what you have suvsteve? http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/7-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Navigation-TV-Bluetooth-iPod-RDS_W0QQitemZ170435541669QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CE_GPS_Accessories_Software_ET?hash=item27aebffaa5

The thing I like about radios like this is that is is just a normal PC (compact) running Windows CE. So, anything that runs on a pda can run on here as well. You can install tomtom, garmin, memory map etc etc. Massive amount of things you can do with it. If of course you want to. Wink
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt know that crispin cheers! how would one programme somrthing into it... like cd or what?? thatd be a better system but how would you purchase the programme?
I also found the xtrons one with gps!! herehttp://cgi.e bay.co.uk/XTRONS-TD716G-7-GPS-SD-BLUETOOTH-IPOD-CAR-DVD-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ190367717308QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item2c52ccd7bc
would it be better to get with or without? this one looks better also runs windows ce!
suvsteve: does the satnav time-out as in you get a free trial like many mobile phones or did it just stop working?
Crispin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

How you would get into windows itself differs from one item to the next. They might even be nice and tell you how to do it. I don't claim to know how to do it but when the time comes, I certainly will. Smile
Once you have access to windows, you can simple copy stuff off the SD card and install it.
An example of all this is unlocking the navman satnav devices: http://navmanunlocked.wikispaces.com/Unlock

As for getting one with or without GPS, most certainly with. The ones that have satnav actually have the GPS receiver inside it. Ones without, do not and it'll be very doubtful you'll get it working with one. Not worth the hassle of trying.
Trydeep

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Supercruiser  greetings from Belfast. I bought a sysyem similar to the one you are looking at Mine was EEon and paid £98 from e bay For this I got TV, DVD, Radio,CD, USB,iPOD, and rear camera facility.   Point is it sits really flush on the dash and looks and performs great.  Does not stick out at all.   No sat nav though but for 98 quid I think I did Ok.  ( TV is great for down time in work ).
Supercruiser80

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tyredeep, thinkin of goin down the eonon route myself... is this the one you have? http://cgi.e bay.co.uk/1015-EONON-7-LCD-IN-CAR-IN-DASH-TV-MONITOR-DVD-PLAYER_W0QQitemZ130363609511QQcategoryZ67772QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BIEW%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7591930658185976420
i was thinking of goin for the 1026e model with satnav... depending on wat theyll accept..! gonna offer £150and see
theres a few things id like to know before i take the plunge!
-how did you work the tv with no ariel and what sort of signal and channels do you rec ieve?
-whats the sound quality like
-is the bluetoth function good/useable

Appreciate your help and opinions!

Darren
Crispin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what the deal is in Ireland but in the UK, they are switching off analogue TV transmission soon (not sure when they all off) and this unit makes no mention of digital TV tuner but rather PAL / NTSC. If it is the same in Ireland then this feature will not work anymore.
shaun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys, i've never been able to tune in the tv on mine,but as for dvd's the sound is amazing. don't know if i'm on about the same system but mine is a double din with 7"motorised screen,no gps but have a tom tom,bluetooth is excellent when linked up for phone calls,getting back to the tv you can buy quite cheaply freeview boxes which are for cars and run on 12 volt?
Trydeep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 22:40    Post subject: radio Reply with quote

Hi supercruiser...sorry for the delay.  Yes that's the one I bought.  TV reception can vary depending on your location  and will come and go when driving.  I use mine in work and just roll the LC a few metres until the reception is excellent  Sound is good and i can't fault the bluetooth.  You will need to trim about 3 mm around the facial to get a good fit, but very easily done... I'm very happy with it as the price was good.. I know it is analogue so have bought an in car digital receiver for £30.  DVD quality is excellent  Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> ICE , Radios and Sat-Navs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: