2Gether FS : 01945 585322

The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club
Landcruiser Club - Dedicated to Toyota Landcruiser, Amazon, Colorado and Prado Owners

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
TLOCUK HomeTLOCUK Home   TLOCUK ForumsTLOCUK Forums  TLOCUK FaceBook GroupTLOCUK FaceBook Group
Click here to link to the South African LandCruiser Owners Club websiteLCCSA  Click here to link to the Australian LandCruiser Owners OnLine website - possibly the longest established Land Cruiser club on the net!LCOOL  Click here to link to the IH8MUD website - run by extremely enthusiastic Land Cruiser owners, with a fantastic source of DIY information and useful forum!IH8MUD  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

which wheels to buy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punk_sy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 20:50    Post subject: which wheels to buy? Reply with quote

Hi just after some advice/comments on what steel wheels to buy. Ill be using 35.12.50.15 tires and wondering if to go with 15x8s or 15x10s? The 8s are 0et and the 10s are -35et i think. I was wondering if the offset on the 10s would help with rubbing on the inner arches or not. Also Ive heard that the wider the rim the easier it is to pinch the side walls at low pressures while offroading!

Can anybody clear this up and give me some advice please? Oh and i hope i was right that i can fit 15s on my cruiser (1991 vx) Embarassed BTW i should be having a +4 inch lift now to help.

cheers in advance Simon.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 20:50    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Roger Fairclough

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rim widths for the 12.5 " tyre are between 8.5" and 11", with a measurement data width of 10".

8" would be a tad narrow.

Please advise if the other measurement---which I assume is offset---is positive or negative.

Positive is where the offset is more towards the inside of the wheel well, ie decreases track.

Negative is where the offset makes the wheel stick out more into the road, ie increases track.

If you fit a tyre onto a narrower than stipulated rim, you force the tyre further from the rim than it should be causing:-

a) extra fretting between tyre and rim.

b) greater chance of sidewall damage.

c) greater bulging in centre of tread, resulting in uneven wear.

d) greater chance of creating tyre squirm.

The opposite situation creates:-

a) depression in centre tread creating wear on tyre tread edges.

b) increases chance of tyre/rim separation if tyre pressure low.

c) increased difficulty in seating rim on first fitting.

Hope this helps.

Roger
Paul_Humphreys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a set of 10x15 with bead locks for sale on Difflock I think, if I find the link I will post it.

Paul

Edit 9x15s link http://forum.difflock.com/ads_item.php?id=7682

http://www.crag-uk.org
http://www.4x4responsewales.org
punk_sy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea saw them for sale on difflock bit pricey tho! Tried them on a 8j rim today they looked OK not stretched or any thing should be nipping down to JCS next week end and trying some 10s so ill see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toyota Landcruiser Owners Club Forum Index -> Running gear / gearbox / suspension / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: